News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TRF Campground Map

Started by mpullen, May 14, 2008, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

Okay, I had mixed opinions on posting the campground layout last year on a grid map. Some groups were hostile to the idea of being "tagged". Many more loved the idea.

So, do you all want me to do this again this year? I'll have to discover on how to post a picture to this new forum.

Also, do you want me to post the campground guidelines I had posted on the other system? It will take me some time to remember what I had posted, but since they were common sense items, it would be a good discussion item.

brier patch charlie

DO IT! I want to know were everybodys at. I hate walking around all night trying to find someones camp.
Charles Coleman

KeeperoftheBar

I agree that you should do it and thank you for all the effort it requires.  It is so nice to know where groups are going to be located and figuring out who had the party across the way.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Johann I

Layout the map, if you would.  'Twas the only way I could find you last year.
Beer:  The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Lady Ann of Draycott

Yes! Please do!

I referred to that post lots of times last year! I never would have been able to find anyone without it!

Campground guidlines too!  All good information that I know a lot of people counted on.

Thanks Mike!  ;D

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

brooke

Please post this again.  As a newbie camper last year it helped my tremendously!  I have to admit we didn't go and find anyone (shy) but it did give me an idea of where we should be shooting to put our tent.

And THANK YOU for doing this!

Captain Kilian

Who are you to cave to peer pressure of the few that grumble? Go for it!

Maybe I'll take your work and make an antique looking version of it, so that I might stumble from camp to camp and look slightly less the fool for carrying a map with me!
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

RenRobin

POST IT! POST IT! POST IT!
Loki-terr (in training)

texanromaniac

Twas very nice to have a printout of the map last year...though like another said, we didn't go searching out the other camps, but twas nice to know who was where!!

I for one, would like one again this year...and any years following you would care to keep it up...as we are making it a tradition of a yearly pilgrimage to TRF for a weekend of camping and faire!!

LadyStitch

Please post it.  It would make life so much easier to find camps, and  allow fellow campers to remember which group had the best party Saturday night. 
I also give a copy of the guidelines to our faire virgins.  That way they know what "the rules" are. 
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

CahirDochartaigh

DO IT! I was new last year and it helped tremendously.
Ar n Duthcas!

Ottheinrich

It would have helped me last season find Blue if I could ever find TRF (I got lost on the way there)  ???

luv ya, Blue  ** on knees asking for forgivness**

Element of Air

I found it really handy and Kinda neat to learn where one camp starts and the others end. I do know that the RF camp is right next to mine!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

mpullen

I wanted to post a grid map that reflected the present area. Unfortunately, Google has a map over 2 years old. I haven't downloaded Microsoft Earth, so I don't know how update their maps are.

If someone has an updated map of the area, please forward, so that I can set a grid map of the area.

mpullen

I still need a new aerial/satellite view of the area. Google and Yahoo still have maps over two years old, not showing the massive clearing of last year. If nothing is available, I'll just go with what is available. I haven't subscribed to the new Microsoft Earth mapping utility, so if anyone has, please let me know if it has updated maps.