News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval World

Started by Drake Starsong, May 27, 2008, 10:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Starsong

Not sure if this is the right spot, but has anyone been keeping and eye on this project?

www.medievalworld.us

Over 800 acres of authentic medieval living, with a massive full scale castle, artisans, taverns, churches, performance stages...

Looks amazing, I believe its the current group that does the Colorado Renaissance Festival
Yo ho Yo ho!

knarlyknot

Wow, I hadn't heard about this but it sounds really cool.  Of course, in this economy are many people spending money at theme parks?  Would be great if it actually succeeded though.

brier patch charlie

Would be nice, but like most it will never make it. And it iwill never look like the photos. But I could be wrong, I hope so and if I am it looks like I might just have to take a road trip to see it.
Charles Coleman

Cobaltblu

I bet most of the 800 acres (I saw a part of the website which said 600) is dead space I.E. fields for crops and so on.  I doubt there will be a large 100 or 150 acre village.

I assume since it is in Colorado that it will be open during the summer months since Colorado gets a lot of snow.

The website said it was a "museum" so maybe it will be like other re-created living-history villages such as Old Sturbridge Village.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Ottheinrich

I think Ive seen this before but it was going to be on the East Coast somewhere ???

robert of armstrong

I knew this was out there somewhere.  I mentioned this project a little while ago on another thread about some semblance of a Rennie Commune.  Think the first time I heard about it was three or four years ago.  I was wondering whatever had happened to the idea.  Sadly, it doesn't look like I has gone much farther than it was then.
* NOTE: This project is in the early development stages. Construction is planned after initial development moneys have been assigned. No dates to begin construction have been set as of 03/10/2008 .

Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

renren

It looks interesting!

I'm ready to move in! ;D
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'll clarify some on this as I live in the part of Colorado (Northern meaning more north than denver and less than 1 hour from Wyoming) that this is taking place.

It is not put on by the CoRF people, it is however the people that put onthe Colorado Medieval Festival which happened this past weekend (missed it as it's pretty campy) Mainly a lot of LARPers and some SCA but mainly LARPer's

It costs almost as much as CoRF and is rather small and many in CoCo don't go.

Colorado DOES NOT recieve as much snow as many think. We have an average of 300 days of sunlight a year.

Ft Collins at the base of the Rockies and home to CSU gets about 52.3" of snow fall a year. Loveland just south and the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park (Home to the Stanley hotel where Ghost Hunters do there Halloween show from 35 miles west of Loveland) gets about the same since we are only 6 miles south of Ft Collins less if you go by City Limits signs. Denver gets from 41.8 to 59.6

Now if your talking Vail and Aspen then your talking 173:" and 182"

This year was a snowy year in the high country meaning above 10,000 feet. Some parts of the state got 400% of snow pack. Toki and I went over trail Ridge Road in RMNP this weekend and while there was a lot of snow up there, there are many baren area's already. Rivers are running strong and fast from snow melt and rain fall as it has been a rainy Spring but we are happy for that. There are parts of the state that onlyget an average of 3.8" and others 390" (thats up inthe tundra zone)

Average temperatures are   Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
                        Avg. High 41° 45° 51° 61° 68° 78° 85° 84° 74° 64° 50° 42°
                        Avg. Low 14° 18° 25° 34° 44° 51° 57° 55° 45° 35° 24° 16°
                       Mean 28° 32° 38° 48° 56° 66° 72° 68° 60° 50° 38° 28°
             Avg. Precip. 0.4 in 0.4 in 1.4 in 1.8 in 2.7 in 1.9 in 1.8 in 1.3 in 1.3 in 1.0 in 0.7 in 0.5 in

Temps can range in the winter in the Ft Collins/Loveland area (Dec and Jan to -20+ below to as high as 105 degree's normal is in the high 90's from late June to Early Sept.

It is planned to be open year around as a Living History center.

So in comparison to many parts of the country, Colorado is mild temperature and moisture wise. It is however a state of EXTREME weather. It will change on you in a heart beat and can be violent. Believe it or not Weld County in Colorado (Windsor and Greeley are in this county where a tornado hit a few weeks ago) has more tornado's than any other county in the US. Our tornado's are typically twisters and do not stay on the ground long and happen in open area's as we have a TON of open land east of Denver to the state borders.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

DragonWing

:) This sounds like the village I read about on the  www.castlemagic.com web page. they had mentioned that they were in the process of building a village.  I could be wrong though.

found it. http://www.castlemagic.com/color.html   It looks like they will build in 2010.  But like I said I could be wrong. It just sounds logical though.
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Drake Starsong on May 27, 2008, 10:22:30 AM
Not sure if this is the right spot, but has anyone been keeping and eye on this project?

www.medievalworld.us

Over 800 acres of authentic medieval living, with a massive full scale castle, artisans, taverns, churches, performance stages...

Looks amazing, I believe its the current group that does the Colorado Renaissance Festival
Looks like it is still not built. Sad.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess