News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Free Faire Tickets / Rennie Blood Drive

Started by Marcos Charron, January 13, 2009, 06:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Charron

OK

Simple Deal, donate blood on Mon or Tues during the month of Feb, and get a free ticket to faire. Save a life, go to faire for free.

Me?, we need to have a Rennie Blood Drive day, invade a location of UBS in garb and show the mundanes we are more than weirdos in funny outfits.

The tickets?, we should start a fund of tickets for those who need them and can't afford them. That way we pay it forward twice.

What say ye?

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Fairietink

The CO Rogues do this, they go in Garb, give blood and those that can't like myself (tattoos within the last year) still show up and give support. You should talk to Jess Devine here on the boards.
Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter, Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner

Lady Figaro

Quote from: Marcos Charron on January 13, 2009, 06:12:49 PM
OK

Simple Deal, donate blood on Mon or Tues during the month of Feb, and get a free ticket to faire. Save a life, go to faire for free.

Me?, we need to have a Rennie Blood Drive day, invade a location of UBS in garb and show the mundanes we are more than weirdos in funny outfits.

The tickets?, we should start a fund of tickets for those who need them and can't afford them. That way we pay it forward twice.

What say ye?

Marcos

This is awesome!  Is there a website to see if there are any donation centers in the Kingman area?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Escarlata

Marcos, is there a website that gives the details? I'll make a post on FaireNews about it to drum up support.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Escarlata on January 14, 2009, 10:32:11 AM
Marcos, is there a website that gives the details? I'll make a post on FaireNews about it to drum up support.

Lady E

You can direct people to     http://www.unitedbloodservices.org/herostatepage.asp?state=az
fpr information on where to donate and locations near you. They have this promotion every year, so anyone at a donation center should know what the procedure is to get a free faire pass.

I think the idea of a rennie day with local news coverage should be easy to put together, just need to know what side of town the peeps want to use for the best coverage.

Marcos

Escarlata

I can't help with the local press, but will make an effort to get anyone searching for discount tickets out for the blood drive.

As far as the rennie invasion and press coverage, you might have some luck contacting Sanja Malinovic, the festival's PR person. Even if the faire didn't want to be directly involved in it, I'll bet Sanja could recommend a local reporter that has expressed an interested in stories about the event. Sanja email address is on the faire website's "Contact Us" page.

Oh, and *winking* Esc be no Lady *chuckling*
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Escarlata on January 14, 2009, 02:05:28 PM
I can't help with the local press, but will make an effort to get anyone searching for discount tickets out for the blood drive.

As far as the rennie invasion and press coverage, you might have some luck contacting Sanja Malinovic, the festival's PR person. Even if the faire didn't want to be directly involved in it, I'll bet Sanja could recommend a local reporter that has expressed an interested in stories about the event. Sanja email address is on the faire website's "Contact Us" page.

Oh, and *winking* Esc be no Lady *chuckling*

E

I will send her an email with a link to this thread.

And your a Lady to me till you prove otherwise ;D

Marcos

Lady Figaro

Bummer!  Nothing in the Kingman area.   :-[
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.