News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

STLRF 2009

Started by Charity 'The Pirhanna' O'Reilly, January 13, 2009, 10:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charity 'The Pirhanna' O'Reilly

Hunnar and me will be at St Louis Ren Fair this year on Memorial Day weekend. Will anyone else be there the same weekend? We would love to meet some new members. We got to meet some last year. Hope to see you all there.

Charity

Maeve McMayhem

I'll be there! With my saucy wench and pirate..and woodsman! It'll be a whole party!  ;D
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces

Lady Renee Buchanan

Lord Stephen and I hope to travel from the Shire of Galena (NW Illinois) on the Sunday and Monday of the Memorial Day weekend.  Not 100% finalized, but a definite maybe at this time.

I'm wondering if the local forum members host Meet & Greets on the weekends?  That's a great way to meet other members.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

jcbanner

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on January 29, 2009, 07:51:18 PM
Lord Stephen and I hope to travel from the Shire of Galena (NW Illinois) on the Sunday and Monday of the Memorial Day weekend.  Not 100% finalized, but a definite maybe at this time.

I'm wondering if the local forum members host Meet & Greets on the weekends?  That's a great way to meet other members.

Glad you'll be able to make it!  :D  It will be well worth your driving time to come for a visit.

As far as meet and greet times, I'm hoping that some non-cast forum members would be able to arrange something, since as Lord and Lady Alberon can tell you, I'm a hard person to find on a faire day running around with a hundred plus things to do at all times...  seems I'm almost never in one place for more then 10 minutes at a time.

Amyj

Errr, um...Bob and I will be there (barring any more unemployment issues and scheduling allows)  As for planning a meet-n-greet...ummmm....yea...um....Heh, Knights Pub is a pretty popular meeting place!  ;D  Seriously though, we more than likely can come up with something by May.  I hope.   PleaseletmyjobandBob'sjobgopermanentandnostrikeinApriloratleastnotforlong!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

jcbanner

If your visiting our faire this year, but sure to note that the directory listing on this site was not updated. I just summited new information, but the ticket prices listed here are incorrect.  It is $13 for an adult, not $12.

Once it has been updated, please feel free to take a look, I summited prices and descriptions for several special member packages that you might be interested in.

*taking off my official cap and putting my "regular" hat back on*

I've seen a few people saying they'll be visiting us, I'm looking forward to it! Memorial day is looking popular, any other weekends that that anyone might be coming on out?

Cormac

We were hoping for Memorial Day weekend, but it ends up we will be there closing weekend.  I am looking forward to it already.

rengeek77

Me, husband, and spawns will be there Sat and Sun of Memorial Day weekend, helping out at the booth we usually help at.  Come by and say hello (and feel free to spend some gold  ;D )! 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Maeve McMayhem

We'll definitely be there Memorial Day Weekend! All three days, Huzzah! Provided this year monday doesn't get rained out like last year.  ;)
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces

Malcolm

Just remember,
Don't park between the signs!
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

jcbanner

yep, that looks about right!  luckily for faire (unluckily for me and the fields at the farm)  its been a much dryer year then it was last year, so shouldn't have any issues with flooding out.

Rengeek, what booth do you normally work at?

rengeek77

I wouldn't call it work.  It is more like a useful loitering.  :) 

When we are not watching Chuvani Bellydancers we are taking up space at Pyrate Trading Co./Aarrrbucks. 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

Genievea Brookstone

If the rain keeps up Opening Weekend is going to be a sloppy mess :-[
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

TheFerret

Have fun this year. I shall have to pass. That whole getting a new car thing so I have less money to spend on driving down to faire. But hopefully next year.
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

Malcolm

I need to stop off at the Springfield Highland Games (http://www.central-illinois-celts.org/), but I will be stopping by on the other weekends. Memorial Day weekend is a must.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

Amyj

Opening day...weather held out, grounds beautiful, acts wonderful, friends abounded!  Bob and I actually were busy squiring a coworker of mine and his fiancee to their first faire visit (ren faire virgins!) so we didn't get to chat much...but all in all , quite wonderful!!!  Nobility garb tomorrow...can't wait!  I love this faire!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Lord and Lady Alberon

;D We were so proud of our Lord Logan walking in the front gate opening day with his chainmail on.  ;D
It was really great to get to see some of our fellow R/F members, Amyj & Bob, Once Debauched, Mytherin, JCBanner, PyrateTradingCo & RatCatcher the first weekend.
We are looking forward to seeing them again & will be on the lookout for other R/F members.

FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

pyratetradingco

Yes, great to see everyone & hoping to see more folks as the weekends continue. Lady Alberon, the Lord Logan did look quite adorable in his new chainmail! JCBanner, maybe we'll take another shot at throwing some more rope this weekend  ;) See you this weekend!

Clay

Mythrin

That child is just terminally cute! ;D  Glad to see all forum friends and hope to see more friends over the next three weekends.
Chris
Founding member of the Living History Company

"go Secret Squirrels"

rengeek77

Malcolm, you stood us up last year, I am holding you to it for this weekend!! 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

jcbanner

might not have to try throwing rope, I think my shoulders finally healing up, and if it is then I can climb just about any tree rather then trying to toss a rope into it.

Malcolm

Quote from: rengeek77 on May 20, 2009, 11:22:14 AM
Malcolm, you stood us up last year, I am holding you to it for this weekend!! 
Sunday, God willing and the creek don't rise.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

act2redux

well then, please come and say "HELLO"  last year with your encouragement I went to my first faire - loved it so much I joined cast this year!   Look for the greyhounds!

I loved Lord Logan- didn't know who he was, but loved the tiny little mug - all the details were covered!  Hope you had a great time ~weather was perfect!

Ratcatcher

Quote from: Malcolm on May 21, 2009, 02:04:25 AM

Sunday, God willing and the creek don't rise.

If it does, Magda the Perchta may be the only one of us half-way ready for it!

pyratetradingco

What a fun character, I seriously laughed out loud when she walked by (or maybe I should say waddled by) with that duck foot!

Genievea Brookstone

LOL  my daughter thought Magda was *special*
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Lady Renee Buchanan

I posted this in another thread under this faire, but we hope to meet everybody tomorrow.  Should arrive around noon-ish.  We plan to go to the Meet & Greet, but if you see Steve and me beforehand, please come up and introduce yourself.  Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich