News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!

Started by *Teach*, January 14, 2009, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on January 15, 2009, 07:56:06 AM
I am so with you on that, Scotsman!  My 15 year old son is embarrassed by them and we're pretty frank about that kind of stuff. 

If someone just landed on our shores and turned on the TV for 1 hour they would think the 90% of the men in this country had serious problems ...

... sidebar ... I do not  ::) ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Nicolette

Quote from: Scotsman on January 15, 2009, 07:58:10 AM

If someone just landed on our shores and turned on the TV for 1 hour they would think the 90% of the men in this country had serious problems ...

... sidebar ... I do not  ::) ;D

LOL!!!!! 

Not to mention all of the leaking from weak bladders!  Sheesh!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Cloverpogue

Anything that deals with, "you ever had one of those embarrassing moments?"
"Hi, I have genital herpes, and I don't'
"Hi, I'm a hemrroid sufferer, but that doesn't stop me from riding my bike."
EDs, or "You ever had that not so fresh feeling?"

Quick! Change it change it!

I know they deal with everyday life, but do our children need to see it?
Do we need to see it?  Of course, those are the ones that get stuck in your head.

Oh, yeah, and the OoVoo commercials. *sheesh*
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Marietta Graziella

All commercials are aweful so I just keep the TV off and read a book.  Who am I trying to kid?!?  I'm probably spending so much time playing WoW that I don't see commercials.  LOL ::)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Zoë

Quote from: Cloverpogue on January 15, 2009, 08:46:59 AM
Anything that deals with, "you ever had one of those embarrassing moments?"
"Hi, I have genital herpes, and I don't'
"Hi, I'm a hemrroid sufferer, but that doesn't stop me from riding my bike."
EDs, or "You ever had that not so fresh feeling?"

Quick! Change it change it!

I like the one about constipation that always airs during the dinner hour.  Go figure eh?
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

LadyShadow

The BK ones creep me out as well.  And the Head On ones are just plan annoying.  Thank goodness I havent had much time for tv lately.  And then when I do sit and watch I have so much to do on commercials that I dont pay attention
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Dayna

Sham Wow, why is he wearing a headset?  He's In A Studio, With Microphones!

Burger King, Geico MoneyEyes, Billy Mays, Meal Replacement beverages designed for people who cannot eat solid food being touted as the solution to your kid not eating, etc. etc.  What kid is going to sit down and eat a meal when they can get Mom or Dad to provide them with a sugary milkshake instead?!

Anything involving constipation, diarrhea, bladder leakage, smelly-crotches, non-working crotchal appendages, hair where you don't want it, no hair where you do want it, stinky feet.

Commercials for the newest Feminine pleasure enhancement product where the older woman sticks her nose in and tells the younger women where to purchase said item.

Young Guys Gone Wild airing during The L Word.  Trust me, if you're watching The L Word, you are Not Interested in looking at barely post-pubescent topless boy toys. 
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

tigerlilly

Can't believe no one has mentioned it yet...

Girls Gone Wild!!!

The commercials themselves aren't too too horrible.  Sort of funny in an annoying and sad way.  But late at night they infest every single commercial break on a certain cable comedy channel.  Grrr!

Oh, and radio ads that have some sort of siren in them.  Just a mite distracting when you're driving and trying to figure out where the cop/ambulance is before you realize it's on the stupid radio.

Sonata

Also, any radio commercial featuring that loud crunchy car-crash noise. Because rush hour just isn't stressful enough, dontchaknow.
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Luciana

Quote from: Deadbishop on January 15, 2009, 03:07:59 AM
Anything with Billy Mays...he's like the evil hairy spawn of Ron Popeil.   :o

Agrees with DB.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

jcbanner

Quote from: *Teach* on January 14, 2009, 08:06:31 PM
So I was sitting here watching the travel channel, my mind drifting away on the idea of a carnival cruise when it happened
That (*&^()&^@# ShamWow guy came on destroying my mental vacation
I swear... that has to be the most annoying man ever

What commercial gets on your last nerve?

*that shamwow guy could be dried up in the desert and wouldn't get a drop of rum from me....*

My dad would agree with you there, he hates that guy, and will walk out of the room anytime he shows up on the tv.

Theres a XM radio ad that I have to change the station every time I hear it.  "hey guys, its not leangth that matters what girls REALLY want is girth, our new pill makes you thicker AND wider." 

Go away, I'm listening to music, I don't want to hear about "enhancement"

Ozium

Shamwow guy is back with the Slap Chop, Atleast in this one i get alittle
laugh when he says " Your gonna love my nuts"

Still annoying though.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

MacLaren

Is that Billy Mays or the Shamwow guy?

Equally bad either way.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Carl Heinz

The ones with doorbells set off the hounds.

One advantage of a DVR is the ability to record shows so you can skip over the commercials.

Unfortunately, I don't record the network news shows which are noted for their large number of drug commercials.  But, then, there's the mute button.

Hope the annual Ikea sale ends soon.  I've been able to miss most of the "Start the Car" screams, but not all.  Hope Ikea makes enough money to come up with a different ad some day.  I think this is at least the third year for it.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Tipsy Gypsy

Milord hated the first True North commercials, because it sent me into fits of giggles whenever they boasted of their extraordiary nut sacks snacks.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"