News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!

Started by *Teach*, January 14, 2009, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSLeask

I hate those home mortgage refinance/"bailout" commercials done up to look like a news broadcast.  Especially when they're run during a legitimate news broadcast.  Sickens me to think how many people out there are dialing up each time they run that stuff, getting into the same fiasco that started this whole economic downward spiral.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Tygrkat

Quote from: Peddlin on April 22, 2009, 07:23:42 AM
Maybe it is a regional thing, but I can't stand the idiot in the Sonic commercials!

Those bug me for a couple of reasons ~ they are pretty dumb, and they're isn't a Sonic anywhere near here! The closest one is 126 miles away!  >:(
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Poldugarian Warrior

Yeah, here in Michigan before they moved here, they would run Sonic commercials, and the nearest was one in Fort Wayne, Indiana, so being young and adventurous or dumb maybe a little of both, my brother, my friend and his girlfriend and myself took a ride down there in a Plymouth Neon, got a flat, got it repaired, then continued the journey. Got to Sonic, and I found the food as comparable to A&W, which it was nothing better or worse. But, they'd did have frosty drinks of all sorts of flavors like no other place, and that was cool, but it wasn't worth the long journey. So goes to show just because it's advertised doesn't mean it's always great. But, a 2 Hr journey to Waffle House in Ohio, is definitely worth the trip, it's so much better than Denny's I wish Waffle House would build here.