News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mary Janes in a rainbow of colors

Started by GypsyWriter, January 15, 2009, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GypsyWriter

http://www.natashascafe.com/html/shoes.html

This web site sells Mary Janes in flax, brocade, velvet, plain cotton, and silk in just about every color of the rainbow--and right now you can get them for 40% off!  They may not be historically accurate, but they look great with garb, and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn to faire. 

Take a look around the site, too--lots of interesting stuff available.  Just use the coupon code "bailout" when checking out, and your total purchase will be discounted 40%. 
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Lady Neysa

That's a neat site.  I love wearing mjs with my garb, they're the most comfy shoes I've ever worn to faire too!  :)

Tygrkat

That site is fantastic!

I love to wear them - garbed or with my 'danes. I have a red & black brocade pair that are definitely ready for retirement  :P

I'll be bookmarking this one for sure!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Queen_of_Navarre

Lovely shoes. I just bought me a pack of them to use for the faires this year. If I like them as well as I think, I will purchase more. I also added one of those lovely Russian shaws to my order as well.  Thank you thank you thank you for sharing the source.
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

CUSSES UNDERBREATH They do not have a size for my overly large Spanish Gallon feet :(
Guess it's back to Zappo's where I can find awesome comfy shoes that fit me.

Interestingly enough womens feet size are gettting larger... as are mens. Back in the 50's - 70 a size 6 was the average womans size. It is now a size 7. 20 years ago I had a fit of a time finding any shoe to fit me, now I have a much better choice but still most companies shoes to ignore girls who have Larger fit. Now Uma Thurman wears a size 11 1/2 - 12 but she has the money to get custome made shoes.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Marietta Graziella

Check TARGET!!  Right now, at least in MN, they have these cute shoes in black, dark green, and brown for cheap cheap.  Bought 2 pairs for fest.   Lots of sizes at Target. 
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Muffin

I have a pair of the mary jane's from Natasha's Cafe.. They are comfy and machine washable (or well I washed mine anyways).. I did have to put some gel insoles in them as there was virtually no support in them and my feetsies get awful tired working out at faire!!

Well worth getting a pair, especially since they are so cheap!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

renniegirl85

The Pillaged Village is actually cheaper for these shoes.  I have several from them. Here's the link...and they also carry them up to a size 11 for women!

http://www.pillagedvillage.com/~pillaged/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=yes/sf=category/se=Footwear_and_Headgear/op=rm/se=1/sf=inactive/op=ne/ml=20/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=.html

If that link doesn't work, just go to pillagedvillage.com, click on  the online catalog link and look for "footwear and headgear"

Athena

Site bookmarked, love their selection!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Check this site out, we buy from them. Nice selection.

http://goodgoth.com/
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

renniegirl85

I love Goodgoth! They have such great stuff! 

GypsyWriter

Thanks, Renniegirl & Lady Joyce Ann for the additional links!  Both great sites.  I esp love the "Create your own" link on goodgoth, best thing since CafePress.

Thanks again for sharing!
--Colette

Tipsy Gypsy

I'm not normally into mary janes, but thiose are just cute, cute, cute! Do they have good cushioning in the foot, though? With a neuroma in one foot, that's a big priority for me, these days.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

renniegirl85

Most of mine don't have much padding in them, but I'm sure you could add an insole for extra padding with no problem. .

GypsyWriter

I buy the regular silk MJ's from Natasha's Cafe because I like the contruction as well as the assorted solid color packs.  They have a hard outer sole (so I don't feel the rocks when I step on them!) and a slightly quilted cotton padding on the inner sole.  They are of nicer quality than the "soft" or "light" cotton/silk versions, which have less shaping/substance and a flexible cotton sole that more or less molds to the shape of your foot.

But as others mentioned, I'm sure you could add an insole to either version, if you needed or wanted it.   
--Colette

Philomel

Guinevere of Leonesse

I've always bought my Mary Janes from Natasha's cafe as they are so colourful, they fit nicely and comfortable to wear in. I just bought a dark blue velvet ones a couple of weeks ago. :)
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

Dayna

I just bought several pair from Natasha's and am very pleased with them, especially with the 40% off.  The soles are hard enough not to transmit pointy gravel, and the satin was an easy dunk/swish/rinse after I ended up getting them soaking wet going through the parking lot at Bristol's Midwinter party.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven