News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend Invasion

Started by Quiet One, May 14, 2008, 07:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Hmmm, I don't know that whole song but the "Drink, drink, drink" lyrics rings a bell!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Terry Griffith

Mario Lanza in the Student Prince.  What a voice.

Sounds like it just might be our new theme song.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

DuCoeur

Mario Lanza indeed.  My Grandfather used to play this record all the time.  For you kids out there, a record is a 12 inch disk made of vinyl that spun on a record player and produced music (seeing blank stare's).   A primitive CD?  ah to hell with it.

Anyway I love that song...it is the only one that has stayed with me all these years..Hmmm?  do think that was an early warning sign for my parents???  anyway.

I am sure we will have many drinking songs to sing...or forget, come opening weekend.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Carl

Put us on the list will be there Sat and Sun. Huzzah! Anyone know a good motel/hotel in the area Thanks
Conte di Contessa i Turino
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

There's a Ho Jo (Howard Johnson) 7.5 miles directly up from Faire on Rte 534.  800 446 4656 or 440 466 1168. 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Old Tinker

Carl and Donna, our fellow "Castleteers", it will be great to see thee again, can not wait.
Lady M, you along with all thee rest, it (yes also includ'n Scotsman) will be great to gather'n again with thee. me Belles and me's plans are to be in thee lot early ~ Hmmm, how early should we be there ?
count'n thee days,
all be safe,
i be the old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Scotsman on June 04, 2008, 06:02:42 AM
Hmmm, I don't know that whole song but the "Drink, drink, drink" lyrics rings a bell!
That's your cell phone ringer, isn't it?  :D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Scotsman

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on June 06, 2008, 01:07:32 PM
Quote from: Scotsman on June 04, 2008, 06:02:42 AM
That's your cell phone ringer, isn't it?  :D
Tag ... I'm it! I resemble that remark!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady de la Warr

Sir Oswyn and myself as well as Sir Dante and Lady Mae will be in attendance opening weekend - both days.

Can't wait to see you all!!

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

DuCoeur

An early arrival is recommended dear Tinker.  that you can have a beverage or three and meet and talk to everyone before we all make our Grande Entrance en masse.

I am shooting for an 8 to 830am arrival time.
Drink you all there...I mean see you there...hee
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Lady de la Warr

Well..........it looks like this opening weekend invasion is shaping up to be one mighty fine gathering!!

Athena

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lairde Guardn

I know that this one I won't be able to make, but I know that the M'Cracks that will be in attendance will give a good account of themselfs.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Scotsman

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on June 09, 2008, 01:46:15 AM
I know that this one I won't be able to make, but I know that the M'Cracks that will be in attendance will give a good account of themselfs.

The pressure is now on!  :o
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56