News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend Invasion

Started by Quiet One, May 14, 2008, 07:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

WOW!! ;D :-*

What a great day we had.  Thank you to everyone that greeted, partied, laughed, kidded, hugged, kissed, flirted, drank, sang, drank, giggled, remembered, drank, loved, shared joys, worries, grief, jokes and stories.

You never know how much you have missed someone until you see them again.  I missed you all a lot.

Thank you for sharing GLMF with us.  It was our virgin year and you all  did a memorable job of busting it.

I'll see many of you on August 9th and 10th for the GLMF closing weekend and I'd better see all of you at Morelandshire.

Gramercy from Jan and me.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Charity Morgan

Ah yes...what a grand invasion it was!  Thank you everyone for the warm reception to our wedding news and Sir Wulf especially appreciates your love and support as he will head back to the hospital on Wednesday for more Chemo and the opportunity to see so many of you (although he missed seeing many many who were there!)  did him a world of good!  We could not wander the entire shire and if you saw us sitting we were not avoiding you!  Now...back to those livers....how's everyone else feelin' this day?!  I fer one am up and at 'em waiting for Capt. Fortune who needs to be transported to the airport at 6:30am (he came home just to see YOU!).  We do hope to see you ALL in Pgh this year.  Remember our ship is conveniently located just across from the pub!  Thanks again kind friends! 
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Capt. Morgan

WOW!  :o That's all I gotta say...what started out as convivial banter across the Drift Inn with two fine gentlemen, Syrac and DuCouer...(okay...two dishy guys in garb  ;)) has grown steadily year by year to an RF-Invasion of epic proportions the likes that has not to be seen in our Shire! I humbly thank all of you for traveling such distances as would put a nomad to shame (especially with gas prices) and I am also humbled by your love of our Faire...for it is all of you that make it all the more special to us! I pray you all have arrived or will arrive home safely soon and I look forward to our next encounter, where ever the Fates may lead us!

((HUGS)) and your servant ever,

Captain Morgan Dunne
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

uhurainmi

It is our good fortune to be able to travel to such a fine faire as GLMF!
We enjoyed ourselves very much. Apparently we had a Michigan Invasion Force of 4. Paul and myself, Karl and Donna. (Karl, I didn't check yet to see if you are a 'C' or 'K' arl.)

We met some generous and friendly R/F folks from Pittsburgh in the parking lot, and others here and there. Good company! It was cool to be able to put a face on a name from this forum.

You're faire is easy to navigate, has fantastic music, great acts and fabulous food. We hope you will come to MiRF some time and enjoy our hospitality.
Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered...for just such an emergency.

trevor ylisaari

Quote from: uhurainmi on July 07, 2008, 07:20:08 AM
You're faire is easy to navigate, has fantastic music, great acts and fabulous food. We hope you will come to MiRF some time and enjoy our hospitality.

As a matter of fact, GLMF has a tradition of invading Michigan on Labor Day weekend.
It has been going on for years.
Sadly I have not been in the financial position to partake of this grand event yet, but someday I will.
I think it was 2 years ago, our (now retired) villiage rat catcher did have the honor to rat puck with your queen.

Arianwyn

Greetings all!

What a wonderful, magikal weekend!!!  This was my second year to attend as an RF'er...and the welcome was even better....warmer...friendlier than last year (if that was possible?!)

Thank you all so much for making me feel so much a part of the group....

Hope to connect again in Sterling....and, if the universe allows, Maryland too.....

Love and good energy to you all.....stay safe and be well until the next time!

Arianwyn xoxoxo

Charity Morgan

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on July 07, 2008, 06:57:55 AM
WOW!  :o That's all I gotta say...what started out as convivial banter across the Drift Inn with two fine gentlemen, Syrac and DuCouer...(okay...two dishy guys in garb  ;)) has grown steadily year by year to an RF-Invasion of epic proportions the likes that has not to be seen in our Shire! I humbly thank all of you for traveling such distances as would put a nomad to shame (especially with gas prices) and I am also humbled by your love of our Faire...for it is all of you that make it all the more special to us! I pray you all have arrived or will arrive home safely soon and I look forward to our next encounter, where ever the Fates may lead us!

Captain Morgan Dunne
Captain Morgan - thank YOU!  GLMF and we are very lucky to have such a fine ambassador as you!  only wishing I had more time to spend - the weekend went far too quickly!  Be well my friend! Until we meet again.
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

mehan

Huzzah to our most eloquent Charity.... Capt Morgan and Dwyn are such ambassador's as dreams are made of!

What a most excellent weekend...it was so wonderful to spend time with old friends, and meet new ones... it was truly a magical weekend.  I thank one and all for being such great hosts and compadres.

Lady Guinness

Thank you to all my dear friends....It was a wonderful and beautiful weekend. I feel like a very fortunate person to have such kind and caring friends and to have such opportunities to spend time with you in an amazing environment. I hope everyone had safe journeys home and may we see each other again soon.

lordwriothsley

Lady G I promise you when things look up for a little bit i will be there you have my word on that.Money is a little bit tight right now but that will all soon change.I'm sorry i missed such an awesome opening weekend,I'm sure that things went very well throughout the faire and at the pub especially (a M'Cracks favorite place to be).Lady G i promise you that we will officially meet at GLMF another weekend and when we do let the beer and the good times pour.Oh Yeah. :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

sir oswyn dagworth

Milday and I have arrived safely home and need a good night's sleep after the grand time we had this weekend. Thank you to all who braved the heat and made this a special weekend.
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

Quiet One

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on July 07, 2008, 06:57:55 AM
........an RF-Invasion of epic proportions the likes that has not to be seen in our Shire! I humbly thank all of you for traveling such distances as would put a nomad to shame (especially with gas prices) and I am also humbled by your love of our Faire...for it is all of you that make it all the more special to us! I pray you all have arrived or will arrive home safely soon and I look forward to our next encounter, where ever the Fates may lead us!

Captain Morgan Dunne

I think that says it all.

I have traveled to many of your shires, received a warm welcome and had many wonderful weekends.  To be able to be able to welcome all of you to my home faire made it a very special weekend for me.  
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Scotsman

Man did we ever have a blast! It will take a week or so to recover me thinks! Thank you everyone for a phenomenal time!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

lordwriothsley

And I missed all this fun..........Damn I hate not having reliable transportation. ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Old Tinker

it all was wonderful.
me Belle and me are home safely,
and will return again, in thee future.
to those ambassadors: Captain Morgan & Dwyn, Quiet One and Athena,
thank you so much for have'n us, we really enjoy'd ever moment.
to all those that also attend'd, (some of thee best R/F has to offer), thank you,
we hopes to see most from this last weekend at OHRF "Invasion" in Sept.
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far