News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Absolutely Random Thoughts

Started by *Teach*, May 07, 2008, 06:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Mmmmm... chocolate.  It does seem to have therapeutic properties...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

Chocolate was good enough to help a lot of problems in Harry Potter. If it's good enough for them, who am I to disagree? ;)

Rani Zemirah

(sigh) I wish it could fix everything...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

I wish it could fix my plumbing...I have to call a plumber. I wonder if I can find a rennie plumber?

Merlin the Elder

Why would someone do plumbing on a Rennie?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Jack Daw at Work

First full day in Manhattan for my annual trip.  Not enjoying the humidity.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

RefMom3

The houses on either side of mine have been empty for months; carpenters have been doing work on them to make them more attractive to potential buyers. There is a bird in the yard who has evidently been watching them closely; he is playing "carpenter" on my tree, poking at the bark with his beak.
I suppose it's a good thing I don't live next door to a medical clinic.

Jack Daw at Work

At the gym, they took away the roman chair, so now my back is in a constant state of pain.  It's not a debilitating pain, but it's annoying.

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

RefMom3

The plumber and his son (whom the daughters pronounced "HOT,") have been and gone. We now have a bathroom sink that is not clogged, and he replaced the fill valve in the commode so that we don't need to wait 10 minutes between flushings - yay! He also gave me an estimate on the cost to finally stop the sump pump from shooting water up into the bath tub - at least, what he would do if it were HIS house ;)
This means I've finally started to take steps to make it a little easier to get rid of the house when I'm ready to make another change. Good for me... plus, it means we'll be able to use the bathtub again. Huzzah

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: RefMom3 on May 13, 2015, 11:44:01 AM
The houses on either side of mine have been empty for months; carpenters have been doing work on them to make them more attractive to potential buyers. There is a bird in the yard who has evidently been watching them closely; he is playing "carpenter" on my tree, poking at the bark with his beak.
I suppose it's a good thing I don't live next door to a medical clinic.

Or a dentist's office...  :o 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

Actually, Rani, there is a dentist's office on the flip side of our street ;) Fortunately, there aren't any windows ;)

Jack Daw at Work

TS!  I need to re-schedule my dental appointment! (Thanks for the reminder ladies)

RefMom3

No such thing as coincidence, Sir. Best of luck with the dentist!  :D

Rani Zemirah

I can move my toes a little, now!  They don't actually wiggle, yet... but I'm beginning to believe they will again.  Yay! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

I was on my way to work yesterday, and when I was stopped at the light, all I could think of was that I felt it was time for another road trip.