News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Absolutely Random Thoughts

Started by *Teach*, May 07, 2008, 06:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Daw at Work

I still enjoy the occasional cherry-flavor Tootsie-Pop.  Right now, for instance.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

anne of oaktower

Working three jobs and still can't afford to go to faire  :'( 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Jack Daw at Work

It's National Coffee Day, and I can't wait to celebrate.

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

RefMom3

If you're a Knight of Columbus, and are standing at attention with your sword in your right hand, it wouldn't be a good idea to cross yourself with that right hand when Mass starts...just a word of caution.

Jack Daw at Work

RenStarr

It's Halloween and all the little kiddo's want to go trick or treating.  And rain is in the forecast!!   >:(  REALLY!!
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

FortuneRose

I wonder how many members are still active nowadays.  I took a many year hiatus and next to none of the familiar names are around anymore :-( 
LLVW

RefMom3

I heard a quote on the radio recently that was simple but thought-provoking: "Sooner or later she had to give up the hope for a different past." ~Irvin D. Yalom, "Staring at the Sun: Overcoming the Terror of Death."

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Is it better to be "always remembered" or "never forgotten"
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

laedyfaire

Quote from: RefMom3 on March 09, 2023, 06:23:10 PMI heard a quote on the radio recently that was simple but thought-provoking: "Sooner or later she had to give up the hope for a different past." ~Irvin D. Yalom, "Staring at the Sun: Overcoming the Terror of Death."

I like that! those are the best quotes  "simple but thought provoking" .

RefMom3

groomporter

Is a landline an "immobile" phone?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

laedyfaire

Quote from: RefMom3 on March 19, 2023, 02:49:10 PMIf this works, this is a link to the interview I was listening to that had the quote:https://wgnradio.com/john-williams/second-citys-kelly-leonard-you-have-to-give-up-the-hope-for-a-better-past/

thanks!
Quote from: groomporter on March 20, 2023, 08:11:31 PMIs a landline an "immobile" phone?

I think I will now refer to my landline as that! :)

RefMom3

If your cord is long enough, you could probably move around quite a bit :)

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

there's nothing like a land line and having the ability to "hang up " on someone. I still have a land line
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.