News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Potomac Celtic Festival 2008

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 14, 2008, 08:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amras Elfwine

Its June 14th...hope to see some of my fellow Celts there...

http://www.potomaccelticfest.org/
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Eoghan

I'm hoping to be there. It was so much fun last year even without the games and with the 95 weather. Don't think I'm going in garb like I did last year though. Even in a great kilt I was sweating buckets. The Elizabethan rennies must have been dying. I'll stick with my AmeriKilt.

Lumpy

This is always a great event, can't wait to go again.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

Scotsman

I want to go sooooo bad ... this date conflicts with our visit to VARF! Man does that suck!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

The Amadan

Wife and I will definitely be there!
And we're meeting up with some friends from the BoTK, too.
The Amadan
BoTK #97
Founder: Loyal Order of Lemmings
Laird Protector of Sarcasm, Clan Ootland
Generally Silly Man

Amras Elfwine

Less than two weeks...I can taste the Haggis already!

Skirlin' pipes...Westies everywhere...large guys wearing skirts chuckin' heavy objects...lasses step dancing...can't wait!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Scotsman

Once again I am sooooo Renvious it's pitiful!!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Amras Elfwine

We'll save yuh some haggis, m'friend...I hope the weather is better down there on Saturday than it was in Upper Marlboro last Sunday. Those were some very hot (in more ways than one) faeries at that fest.
R/F member since 2004

jmkhalfmoon

The parents are in town and this is the perfect thing to do with them.  Thank you for the reminder of the Celtic fest.

analise

Looks like I'll be there with a friend in tow.

Doubt I'll go in garb, though. :)

sir oswyn dagworth

They made a big mistkae by running against VARF this year. Milady and I will be making our lone VARF trip this weekend.
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

Amras Elfwine

Actually, the really agravating scheduling puzzle was when they made it only a 1-day festival, instead of having it over a weekend.
R/F member since 2004

Scotsman

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on June 11, 2008, 10:06:39 PM
Actually, the really agravating scheduling puzzle was when they made it only a 1-day festival, instead of having it over a weekend.

I'm with you on this one - with all the business that got over a two day period I could not understand why the conversion to one day for the past two years. Damn the bad luck!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Amras Elfwine

A marvelous time was had by all, afternoon storm and all...and, it was worth it all on Saturday, speaking as an old trombone guy, to see Coyote Run with all FOUR trombones up on stage at the same time...can't beat a celtic band with four 'bones....'ceptin' maybe one with a didgeridoo...oh, wait, as you can see, they have a didge as well...

BONUS: Got to see beautiful Analise there...

R/F member since 2004

The Amadan

Thunderstorm chased us out, earlier than we wished.
Couple pix: (click to enlarge)
Wife has a cooling beverage:

Rant & Roar entertain:

Wife caught my best side:

The Amadan
BoTK #97
Founder: Loyal Order of Lemmings
Laird Protector of Sarcasm, Clan Ootland
Generally Silly Man