News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any rat owners??

Started by *niemi*, January 21, 2009, 02:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

I guess I can take it for granted that we are not talking about pucking rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

captmarga

Quote from: Lady Pagos on January 22, 2009, 02:46:11 PM
Sounds like it's going well! 
The amount you want to feed depends on what kind of food you are feeding.  I'm a big pellet/block promoter (as opposed to seed diets).  A small handful daily should be fine.  You will want to clean the bowl daily so if you fill it all the way, you will be throwing out alot of food.  Don't forget that your rat will enjoy some fresh fruits and veggies as well :)

Rats love to hoard the cubes, too, so you will go through more than they actually eat.  You can't usually cheat on them and put old ones back in, either, so do go sparing until you get a feel for how many she eats and how many end up stuffed under the mattress...

Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Celtic Lady

Huzzah for the rats  ;D . I'm a former rat owner. They are such wonderful pets. Not dirty creatures that most humans think they are.