News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Inkheart

Started by Amras Elfwine, January 24, 2009, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amras Elfwine

I have just returned from seeing the movie "Inkheart".
I heartily, and without reservation, recommend this film to fantasy lovers everywhere.
It is filmed beautifully, the cast is incredible, and the story, based on the kid's book by Cornelia Funke, is a grande adventure!

If you like J.K. Rowling, you'll love this author's work and this film.

Go see it.
Huzzah!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Athena

I've seen previews, and it looked interesting. Now I may have to make it a "must see!" 
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Amy of York

I have seen the previews. Looks  like  my type  of  movie,  and  from the  good  reviews  so  far,  I am interested in seeing  this  one.    Can anyone  who has  seen the movie  tell me  if  it is  too scarey  for a  young  child   to see ?
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Amras Elfwine

Lady Amy...how old of a child?
Some of the evil types in the film present a frightening appearance, but a first or second grader would probably be ready to handle it, especially if they had read the books. Perhaps a bit intense for a younger lad or lass...also, some of the themes, such as parent-child seperation, would be too intense for a wee one, I think.

I guess that the safest thing to say is that it depends on the child, and, you, mom, are the best judge of your own.
Cheers!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Lady Amy of York

Thank you Amras, good  sir.  My son is only  five. I am thinking I  may wait  till this  comes out on Dvd  to see it.  :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Amras Elfwine

You will enjoy it when you see it...I went right out and bought the book, and am currently devouring it.

Best film I've seen since Master and Commander!
R/F member since 2004

Lady Christina de Pond

yeah i read the synopis on the movie and got my interest peaked i want to see the movie as well as read the story
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Tammy

I went and saw it Friday, it was a really fun movie. I recommend it!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

captmarga

Our family (Curran, myself, and Mischief who is now 13) all enjoyed it.  I don't think it will bother most kids!

Capt. Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

jinx

I just realized it never released in this area.

:-[

I'll have to buy it, though.  I adored the book, as well as Inkspell, the second in the series.  ^.^  I'm looking forward to getting the last in the series, Inkdeath, soon. 

Cornelia Funke is a wonderful writer.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Poldugarian Warrior

Thanks for the review. I was wondering how it was since I seen the preview also and it looked good, but not real good. It just goes to show you can't always judge the whole movie by the previews.