News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Funny Pictures / Interesting Images

Started by *Teach*, May 07, 2008, 07:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Merlin the Elder

I know someone who does that with his OWN head, Rowen.... that's some kind of funny!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rani Zemirah

^^^THAT^^^ has got to be my favorite post in here so far!  :D  :D  :D

There's a reason, of course... and a fairly humorous story behind the reason WHY I like it so much.  When I loved in Boulder (yes, a LOT of my stories start that way... :P ) there were a lot of panhandlers who would "fly a sign" (piece of cardboard) on the Pearl Street Mall (brick pedestrian mall) downtown, with this or that written on it, in the hopes of evoking some sort of emotional response from passersby, in order to impel them to contribute to the "hat", or whatever was being held out to accept donations.  Many would go for humor instead of pathos, because making people smile often leads to generosity, or so it seems...  

Since I often found myself downtown on any given day, just because it was more pleasant to be outside than in, and many of my friends found reasons to be there, as well, I would frequently be there with no real agenda or schedule, and time on my hands and no plan for spending it.  If it was a particularly slow day with no other entertainment I would occasionally dig my own piece of cardboard out of one of the myriad recycling bins around and trim it neatly, and sit myself down on one of the brick flower bed borders... and wait for the people walking by to take notice.  

I could talk to dozens of new people in just an hour or so of doing this, and I could tell each of them a completely different story, because my sign was always... blank.  ;D  I would often get people walking up to tell me that I was holding my sign backward, and I would look down, say "oops, sorry!", and flip it over to the other side, then hold it up triumphantly... and grin at the confusion in their eyes, and the slowly dawning realization that I was just there to entertain myself!  It was BRILLIANT!  I told some that I was a performing arts student at CU, and it was my performance art assignment for the week, or that it was my political statement on the state of the country, economy, society, homelessness, geo-political polarization, world strife... or whatever else popped into my head at the time... and watch their reaction.  But I would always end by telling them that I was really just entertaining myself, and everyone else, then refuse the offered money (which happened frequently, actually), and thank them for participating in my little social experiment.  It was always interesting... and always a great way to strike up a conversation with complete strangers!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

dbaldock

Quote from: Rowen MacD on July 06, 2012, 06:57:14 PM

Since he lives in Arkansas, I thought maybe Merlin the Elder wrote this...   ;)  ;D

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Ian Maxwell

I Bet Merlin the Elder is Pappy......

Ian

Merlin the Elder

Watch it, you wise arses! I'm not from Arkansas. I'm a Yankee... ;)

Rani Zemirah

Is his son's name Lil' Abner?  Hmmmm... wonder what relation he is to Daisy May?!?  :o  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Baron Frederick

Alright children lets not get too obnoxious
Baron Frederick

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

That looks easy enough, Doña. I am on blood thinners, so that might present a problem.

Archer

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on July 09, 2012, 06:03:24 AM
That looks easy enough, Doña. I am on blood thinners, so that might present a problem.

Ye do not say ye RRRRR's right either.   
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.