News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PBS Masterpiece Theater

Started by Scarlett, January 26, 2009, 08:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlett

Did anyone happen to catch the two most recent installments of Masterpiece Theater on PBS, Wuthering Heights and Tess of the D'Urbervilles?  I thought Tess was an amazing adaptation.  And latest Bond girl Gemma Arterton made a fantastic Tess.

Wuthering Heights was a very intense, dark, sexual portrayal of the popular Cathy and Heathcliff tale.  I liked it and I didn't.  I found it deviated from the book and other film adaptations too much.

Going back to the latest Jane Eyre last season on Masterpiece, I found a noticeable increase in the steaminess of the love scenes, Wuthering Height being the most steamy of them all. 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Tammy

My mom watched the one about Tess, and loved it!! She told be about it..I'm not familiar with that story, but it sounded like something I would want to watch.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.