News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FRANKENFEAST 2009

Started by Katie Bookwench, January 26, 2009, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Bookwench

*posted with permission of Capt. Greybeard*

ARRGH THERE MATEYS,

Graybeard here,  Are we ready to put up the winter shovels,snowshoes,and sleds yet?

I know I am, That would mean FRANKENFEAST is just around the corner.so dust of your garb and put it on for the 7th annual Frankenfeast And this year the dance is going to be held in the court yard of the Bavarian inn this year and I've got a block of rooms set up for us at  the Bavarian inn motel this year also. the motel was kind enough to give us special rates this year so for all of you who are going to the dance and staying the night,you won't  have far to go. all our rooms will be surrounding the court yard this year. so the whole area is ours The court yard is right next to the registration desk. we most likely won't use it, but there is a pool in the court yard. a small one.

April 4th is the date of the feast this year. Dinner will be at the Bavarian Inn restaurant this year at 2:00. happy hour will start about 1:00 in the lobby down stairs.the dance will start at 8:00 at the court yard at the Bavarian inn motel.you can get the rooms for Friday and Saturday, or just Saturday night. I will be sending a separate statement of the group sales managers letter  to all for reserving your room at  the  motel.it tells you everything you have to do to register. there are 41 rooms available.

The restaurant would like a head count so they can get enough waiters and waitresses for the job. so when you r.s.v.p. let me know how many are in your party.

Hope to see you there this year
                                                                    Captain Graybeard

*and the motel info is below*

A block of rooms has ben set up for our group (see Group Number below, aka 'the Renaissance Group') at the $99 rate for standard rooms and $114 rate for suites. 

Because specific rooms have been set up around the Courtyard ahead of time, registrants are requested to make their reservations through one individual in the Sales office.  They should call or email Charmaine Whalen at:

Phone: 989-652-8747  extension 3534

Email: cwhalen@bavarianinn.com

Group Number: 1121R3

Char is available every Monday-Thursday between the hours of 8 am – 4 pm.  I hope it is not a problem for your group members to call between these times or email Char.

Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

max and kate

We have our reservations, see everyone there.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Guinevere of Leonesse

We shall be there, cannot wait to see and  meet everyone. :)
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

gypsyqueenie

Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: max and kate on January 26, 2009, 10:13:03 PM
We have our reservations, see everyone there.

hey, I know.... everyone has reservations about things like this at one time or another, but I'm glad you've decided to join us anyhow.  ;D

oh, wait.... you meant HOTEL reservations?  ???

never mind.  :D

(aka The Bookwench)

Lady Gwyndolyn

LOL.... LLLLLLOOOOOVVVVEEEE our bookwench......  she is always so great for a laugh......

We'll be there with bells on as usual!!  Wouldn't miss it for anything...
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

AnyuBoo

We're hoping to go (we want to see you all)...it seems possible this year...but we're still not 100% sure so we haven't made reservations yet.
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Carl

We'll be part of the boarding party!
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Katie Bookwench

Varroooommmmuh mmuh mmuhmmmmmmm

I can hear those sewing machine motors humming away in the frigid evening.

Garb divas? Did you know that as of tomorrow, there's only 8 weeks till Frankenfeast?

;D ;D :D ;D......... :o
(aka The Bookwench)

Guinevere of Leonesse

Yay....woohoo.....come on ladies, lets cracking on those fancy dresses. Well mine is being made but I still got cracking on my jewellery pieces. :)

AnyuBoo

Quote from: Katie Bookwench on February 06, 2009, 08:37:49 PM
Varroooommmmuh mmuh mmuhmmmmmmm

I can hear those sewing machine motors humming away in the frigid evening.

Garb divas? Did you know that as of tomorrow, there's only 8 weeks till Frankenfeast?

;D ;D :D ;D......... :o

Frigid is right.  Mine aren't humming quite so much yet as I'm still recovering from our move and it's just too cold.  It's freezing my inclination to sew (it's hard to align 2 pieces of fabric when you're shivering).  :P  In any case, my outfit for Frankenfeast is already all done and ready to be worn.  ;D  I've even picked out what I want to wear to the dance part (mostly mundanes for that).
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

LadyMeg

Man!  Once again I cannot make the lovely event!  And I'm all legal for the good stuff (and by that, I mean ze rum) this year too.   :'(  Alas, it's right at major project/performance times over at school, but I will certainly go out that night, force me roomies to dress in garb and grab a pint!
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Lady Gwyndolyn

Quote from: Guinevere of Leonesse on February 06, 2009, 08:55:18 PM
Yay....woohoo.....come on ladies, lets cracking on those fancy dresses. Well mine is being made but I still got cracking on my jewellery pieces. :)

hmmmmm..... I wonder who got that job???   

My sewing machine never quits...  tights...  (love a man in tights.... and Lord Dorian BETTER be wearing his new ones!!!!)  poet shirts, skirts, corsets, bodices, skirts,  everything is going through my machine this month!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Katie Bookwench

I'm almost done with the new silk gown for this year - but I still have so much more on my 'to do' list - Glad I started early!

(aka The Bookwench)

Guinevere of Leonesse

[/quote]

hmmmmm..... I wonder who got that job???   

My sewing machine never quits...  tights...  (love a man in tights.... and Lord Dorian BETTER be wearing his new ones!!!!)  poet shirts, skirts, corsets, bodices, skirts,  everything is going through my machine this month!!
[/quote]

You of course and thank you. ;)  Can't wait to try it on for fitting. :)

Katie, are you wearing your silk gown to Frankenfeast??