News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Discussion of Mudbeggar and Maiden

Started by Tremayne, January 28, 2009, 10:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremayne

Greetings fellow writers!

Since this story has started to show life, I thought a discussion thread might be useful. For one, I'm already having difficulty remembering the names of all the characters.  :D   So maybe we can list them here in one of the first few posts.

I also wanted to let you know that I'm working on a palace post with Alphonse in which it is discovered that the prince is missing and I've got a post written in which the wayward prince/beggar runs into Sarafina. However, I doubt I'll get it up until Friday evening at the earliest. Neither of these look to immediately dovetail into encounters with Edwina or the sheep herding match so if you want to continue developing those scenarios, feel free.

I look forward to creating with y'all! Love the addition of a smart dog among our cast of characters!
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

DonaCatalina

so far it appears we have:
Edwina Taylor - young girl
Sarafina – Edwina's best friend
Devlin Taylor – 20 year old brother of Edwina
Matthew Taylor – Edwina's father
Anna Taylor – Edwina's mother
Prince/Beggar Walter
Thomas – Devlin's friend

---not to forget Molly the maybe border collie intelligent sheep dog.

I separated the men of the Taylor family in order to leave an opening for the beggar/maybe prince to follow the women, if that was the plan.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Tremayne

I didn't have any definite plan. I was thinking that he was admiring Edwina the way he would admire a flower. But who knows what might come of it. I think Walter's sense of romance and passion is bit underdeveloped but we're in the early stages of the the story. Perhaps he'll burst into flames at some point.

Our characters are multiplying, though not all need to become fully active in the story. From the palace, we have:

King Rupert
Hector
Bernard
Reuben
Quentin
Alfred
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

DonaCatalina

I think a lot of characters will only have bit parts. Their purpose will be to like a mirror in which we can see other characters personalities.

One of the problems with multi-author stories is the chance of someone hijacking the story.
If you have a storylin in mind, it's a good idea to bounce that off your fellow authors.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Tremayne

Here's a suggestion for taking turns that will take into account the fact that any one of us may get to busy to participate for a period, as is currently the case with Blackbead. Let's each choose a day on which we will contribute to the story by midnight. If we miss that day for whatever reason, no problem, we just wait til the following week to jump back in and others who want to keep the story moving can do so.

If all are agreeable to this method, I'd like to pick Tuesday.

I've spoken with Alphonse. He's willing to go along and is open to whatever day remains open after others have chosen.

What do you say, Dona Catalina and Blackbead?

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Blackbead

I think this is an excellent suggestion!  Give me Wednesday!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Tremayne

I've been in contact with Alphonse and he has chosen Sunday as his post or pass day.

Keep in mind that you don't have to wait for your designated day if your turn has come around. In other words, if Alphonse thinks of an immediate response to Dona's Thurs post, he can post Friday. If in turn I'm creatively inflamed by Alphonse's Friday post, then I can post Saturday. But then we need to wait til Wed (or Thurs morning since he has til midnight) to give Blackbead his opportunity to join in. Alphonse and I have used up our weekly turn early. Does this make sense or is it too confusing? Would you all rather keep it strictly to posting on the designated day and no sooner?

DonaCatalina

Well since I have already been confused about what day it is, I have no problem going along with what you suggest.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Blackbead

ROFL!!  Okay, I'm sorry but I already wrote the interlude between Walter and Sarafina and it doesn't make sense to have it AFTER the scene Dona Catalina put up this morning.  I think you probably put it up about the time I was writing my short scene.  Please forgive me but let's just keep rolling . . .

But I have Wednesdays from now on, agreed??   :D
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Tremayne

Wow, good save you guys!  :o

Sorry to be confusing!  :-[

Blackbead

No reason for anyone to apologize.  This was just a little confusion; not any type of ill will by anyone.  We are in tune and rolling now!  I think it shows how good we're working together that this whole thing was tramsparent . . . except that I'm writing about it now!  Geez!  Forget I wrote anything!!  Let's get back to the story!  I want to see who winds up with whom!  ESPECIALLY Molly!   ;)

Tremayne

Fun posts, fellow writers! A joust! And great yuckola description of the jailer!

Blackbead

Lol . . . okay, well, there goes my plotline.  I guess that's the challenge of writing in a group.  Well, let's see what's going on back in the vilaage, perhaps . . .

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess