News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Crimson Gypsy Bodice - Repost

Started by Charlotte Rowan, May 15, 2008, 12:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte Rowan

Okay I posted this on the life raft before but ow it seems to be gone, so...

I'm considering buying this bodice: http://www.crimsongypsy.com/classicbodice.htm

Does anyone have one? How do you like it? I am 5'9", 130 lb and a 34A/B, so I have a hard time getting any "lift" from a bodice-- will this do it?

I'm not terribly concerned about being h/a, but just out of curiosity, is it?

All input appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

LadyOren

That's a lovely bodice, to gain the lift you want it may be that you need to order a size smaller. The gal in the photo looks to be small chested too, and she seems to be quite laced up in that bodice.  Not to sound fresh but as your lacing up make sure your adjusting the girls after every couple of holes. It helps to if you have someone to lace you up.  Personally I do not own that particular bodice in the photo but it does look like it would work for you IMO.
Keep us posted on how it turns out.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

gem

I'm not terribly impressed with all the wrinkles I'm seeing on that bodice.  If you look at some of their more heavily-boned bodices (like the Deva), you don't see that.  I'd be concerned that just having boning "at the openings" won't be sufficient--not for support so much as for simple durability.  You might have a look at www.bodicesbybonnie.com (she's a member here).  She has a reputation for doing *amazing* things for the more modestly endowed.

I don't generally consider any Fair bodice H/A, although Jubilee, who used to be a member here, had some great portrait evidence of bodices-worn-alone on her website.  Here's a picture that is shown in THE TUDOR TAILOR, showing a couple of women who appear to be wearing bodices and skirts instead of kirtles/dresses/full gowns:  Click here.

brooke

I don't have that bodice, but I do have a crimson gypsy Deva and love it.  IT is very well made so I would assume this will extend to their other garments also.  Looking at the measurements you gave, I would say you probably don't need a ton of support (just enough to keep the girls in place).  I would say from the look of the photo this might do that for you.

Brooke

Charlotte Rowan

Thank you for your advice! And Gem, thank you for the alternate suggestion. I looked at Bonnie's site and her work looks lovely. I might end up ordering one of hers instead, especially if she has a reputation for doing good work for the modestly endowed.  :) ;)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

gem

Glad to help! :)