News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Post Count?

Started by dbaldock, May 15, 2008, 01:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbaldock

This is my 8th post on the "new" RenFest Forums, but my post count shows either 2 or 3.

What's up with that?

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Christina de Pond

I don't know it said for Lord Blade 0 post and i know he's posted more than that and i think i'm holding at 20 something
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Ann of Draycott

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

FaireMare

While there are a great many who love to watch their post counts, there are others who don't.

Dont feel bad.  serval of us lost YEARS of post counts when the other server was served for lunch..

Princess Amanda

I think I see what's going on here.  We joined the original board and everyone left.  We logged off the new site and when we came back, everyone was gone again.

Its high school all over again. :'(

-Justin (Amanda's husband who will finally get around to creating a profile today I promise.)

DeadBishop

There are several areas of the forums where your post count does not increase, to keep people fro "stuffing" their numbers with posts that have no content.

R/F.com member since 2003

Mistress Charlotte

I always like the post count....  Made me feel I was contributing....

But the Total time logged in thats listed here at the top..............Now that's just embarrassing............

I would love to be able to turn that off.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Anna Iram

The "time logged in" is a bit out of whack. I've been away for several days and logged back in last night. After one hour I noticed it said 20 hours. I logged out a bit later and relogged in this morning. It now says 23 hours.

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: Anna Iram on May 16, 2008, 09:35:54 AM
The "time logged in" is a bit out of whack. I've been away for several days and logged back in last night. After one hour I noticed it said 20 hours. I logged out a bit later and relogged in this morning. It now says 23 hours.

I think its a cumulatative count over all.... not just current time.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Zoë

Still, 20 hours is a long time to be on the boards, unless you accidentally left your server open for a whole day or something.  Especially considering we've been here for only about 2 weeks or less.  I've been here since the new site got put up visiting regularly every day and my time is just short of 2 hours, so it seems like Anna's might be a little crazy. 

I too am a little sad about the loss of all the posts back at the old site.  It was just cool to see my count up in the 1200s.   :D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Anna Iram

I do tend to stay logged in throughout the day if I'm running in and out. That would explain it.

I wish it could give me my current logged in time though. Might keep me on track a bit better.

Trillium

I'm at 19 hrs.... ;D
But I also tend to log in and stick around a while (and forget) when I'm at work.
Got faerie dust?

NoBill Lurker

Someone with 1 days, 5 hours and 36 minutes. is not going to go there  ;)

For me it's mainly just spending the night hanging out here till it's time for bed.......
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???