News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Armstreet

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, January 31, 2009, 03:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Just wondering if anyone has purchased any products from armstreet especially clothing.How is s is made quality wise and where you satisfied with the product.

I'm looking into two medieval dresses by them as Colorado has a Medieval Festival a week before CoRF and Toki and I are planning on going this year. I do not want to wear renaissance clothing for this and as mentioned I'm looking into Armstreet products as they have the medieval look I want.

Any other suggestions ir not armstreet?

Thanks
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Tammy

I've not purchased anything from them, but I just came across this ebay listing with some of the same clothes. Thought you might want to check it out...
http://stores.ebay.com/nunanknight

The clothes from Armstreet are absolutely gorgeous!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thanks, I have Armstreet as a favorite and have had it for a long time. But as they look wonderful I would like to see if anyone has bought from them to see how good the quality is

You will find some of the items on Ebay cost more than on the Armsteet site for the exact same thing. Others you can only find on enay.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

renniegirl85

<<I've not purchased anything from them, but I just came across this ebay listing with some of the same clothes. Thought you might want to check it out...
http://stores.ebay.com/nunanknight
>>

A lot of what they have is from Sofi's Stitches, and they've really marked it up. A cotton chemise should never cost $60! I make garb if anyone is interested. My chemise are only $25. I hope it's ok to mention that here. I just think it's crazy to charge an outrageous amount for garb. :)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'll have to majorly disagree with you there as I have items from Sofi' Stiches and I have looked at what Sofi Stiches has to offer and not 1 item is similar to what Armsteet has to offer.

As for what you charge I will say almost everyone of the seamstresses her would charge more than $25 for a chemice depending on the material and quality (Not to say yours are bad) but I can tell you Lady Kathleen's price's are WAY higher but you get the best garb that is hand made and it's HA. Heathers is the same as are many of the others.

Google Medieval dress/gowns and you will find almost all of them charge as much or more as Armstreet. But to say what Sofi's Stiches offers is the same as Armstreet is incorrect. The material is much differant as are the styles. ALL of the items on Armsteet are also manufactored in the Ukraine.

And while the Sofi Stiches items I own are not bad, they just are NOT the quality items I have gotten made for a much higher price but cutome to my body. Sofi Stiches Items are NOT custom made to one's height, waist, bicep, chest while Armsteets are. They require your measurements before it can be made to fit you.
"The Metal Maiden"

renniegirl85

Sorry..I didn't mean that to sound like I was saying that Sofi and Armstreet have the same stuff. I was talking about the link to the ebay store. It looks like that one offers a lot of stuff from Sofi and even some from Museum Replicas.  Armstreet is a totally different entity from Sofi. :)

As far as my chemises, the only reason I don't charge more is because I know how hard it was to get nice garb when I first got into the SCA. I just couldn't afford to pay $50 or more for a chemise. My cost in making them is less than $10, so I see no reason to hike up my prices..;)  I've made hundreds and haven't had any complaints yet. I use a serger to make them so they're not going to fall apart...I make them to the standards I would make one for myself, and I'm pretty picky. *smiles*  I'm just trying to keep my stuff relatively affordable.

Sofi does have some beautiful stuff, but you're right. It's hard to fit when it's not made to your own measurements. Their bodices are great, though. Odd Bodkin also makes kicka$$ bodices. Personally, I'm not very good at bodices, so I usually refer people to them. I admire anyone who can make a good bodice.

Lady Rochelle

I purchased a belt from them some years back, liked it fine. I wanted  many of their items but was afraid of the ship time from Ukraine. All was fine though
Let the games begin !

Friar Rohn the Chronicler

OK, got a email this weekend from Armstreet when they requested the usual measurements (height, chest size, waist size). Then they email back and "upped" the price $35 and requested more detailed measurements for better fitting. To be honest, I expected it due to my lack of self will regarding where I live.

You see.....I live in a city that is best described as "a Chinese buffet and church every 300 yards". 15 years of Chinese buffets can rack up on a weak willed man fairly quickly.

I could dress a Noble......but there's already one King Henry VIII and he's a excellent actor that I don't want to offend him. At our size, you could be either a king who's always ate well or Friar Tuck character who's always drank well......so...I'll crawl into the tankard.

So, like I said, I was expecting to pay a little more (plus I added a lot of extra inches because you can always take something in if needed.....rather than get stuck with a set of robes that make you a medieval Michelin Man  :o ).

Friar Rohn

DeadBishop

Their stuff is amazing in quality.  Well worth the asking price if you ask me.

R/F.com member since 2003

Sir William Marcus

No complaints here as I own a few sets of their trousers (that I have put through the ringer), and my wife owns several of their dresses along with a wool cloak.  We also ordered all of our Armstreet garb a few years back when they shipped exclusively out of Ukraine, and never had a problem.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lady Ann of Draycott

I have purchased some items from them and have been very pleased with the quality of their work and their customer service.  I have no complaints at all and I will most definately buy from them again without any hesitation... I give them an A+ in all aspects.
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

I had been looking at Armstreet's Friar suit for some time and decided to go ahead and finally order one. I have never garbed up at any of the RenFaires myself. I was just another Mundane with a camera. I don't want to be a volunteer because it would limit my photography hobby. Same issue goes with my nephew. If he was a official volunteer, The Castle also assigns you as the caretaker to stay with them. Last year, our King Henry VIII said that he would pass for the the young Henry Fitzroy character, I declined that fairly quickly. At this time, Lady Kathleen of Olmsted has been contracted to design his new suit for the '09 season. I thought about also having her design my Friar's suit....but that would be a serious waste of talent. She makes the most ornate, beautifully detailed garb seen.

Besides.....it would be a offence to request someone that is so talented to basically design me a big brown tent with sleeves.

Perhaps next year I may upgrade myself to a archbishop or a pope. Then.....Lady Kathleen can design me a circus tent.  ;D    Lots of colors.

Friar Rohn

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Friar Rohn!!!!!

Big Brown Tent with Sleeves ????   ROTFLMAO!!!!  :D

You get promoted to POPE, we'll be talking!!!!  ;) 
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Kate XXXXXX

How about Orson Wells as Cardinal Woolsey...