News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild about Harry- Potter that is!

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 15, 2008, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elinor Hakebourne

But, see, then we get to have Harry Potter in the theatres for a longer period of time! I'm kind of glad they're spacing it out--it allows the fans to really appreciate and digest what was seen on screen...

...That being said...I too would like to see 'Half Blood Prince' come a little sooner ;)

Zoë

Did everyone hear that yesterday the actor playing Marcus Belby in the next movie was stabbed to death in a London pub?  I don't know how this will affect filming or anything as his character was rather minor and I don't know how much filming they've actually done, but it still is really sad that it happened. 

This is the article from CNN:

LONDON, England (AP) -- A British teenage actor playing a minor role in the upcoming "Harry Potter" film was stabbed to death during a brawl in London on Saturday, police said.

Rob Knox, 18, was stabbed after he got caught up in a fight outside a bar in southwest London early Saturday, London's Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

Knox plays Ravenclaw student Marcus Belby in the upcoming film "Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince," the sixth installment of the popular series set for release in November.

Warner Bros., the studio that is producing the film, said it was shocked by the news.

Knox was one of five young men taken to various hospitals after the brawl, police said. Among them was a 21-year-old who has since been arrested on suspicion of murder.

The fight did not appear to be gang-related, police added, but it puts the number of violent teenage deaths in London at 14 so far this year.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Ginette

I didn't anything about this.  That is so sad, such a young soul taken.  Please keep the family in your prayers.  Here is a link to a BBC News report.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7418311.stm

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Elinor Hakebourne

I had heard about this :( Tis very sad!

jinx

Ahhh, Harry Potter!  My tied-for-first-with-Faire obsession.  <3

We're already making plans for the HBP release, and we're hoping to find a midnight showing somewhere nearby.  ^.^

I have...mixed feelings about DH being two movies.  Yes, I'm happy about it, but at the same time, I feel that they wouldn't have to do it, had they not left so much important stuff out of the other movies.  XD  I can't help but wonder if part of the reason they're doing two movies is because they have to put a good bit of back story in, y'know?  (Then again, I, personally, wouldn't have understood the third movie at all if I'd not read the book!)  The third and fifth books are my favourites, and...well, they kinda butchered the third movie.  The fifth wasn't -terrible-, but there was a lot they missed that I feel is kind of important on down the line.  But, either way, the more Harry Potter, the better, says I!

The news of Rob Knox's death is quite sad.  Such a young man, and it's always a tragedy when a life is cut so short.  I do wonder if he'd shot any scenes yet, and if they'll keep them in the movie.  It would be a lovely tribute.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

FaireMare

Did you all see they are actioning the PRE-Quill (800 pages) to Harry in London on Thursday?

I will see if I can find the article.

Queen Bonnie

Wow! I did not know there was a prequil? I will see what I can find!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

LadyJessica

Just saw the trailer!!!  I can't wait...can we have a movie night after faire one evening?  We won't even change clothes!

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/27063/trailer?trailerId=2181231
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

CatAshtrophy

The trailor looks great. Thanks for the link. It kinda has a horror movie vibe from the link. How exciting. Little Tom seems just right to me so far.

Queen Bonnie

They just showed the trailer on the CBS news this AM. Looks good! I want to go to the opening- in garb!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Zaubon

It's scheduled to to open Barbarian Invasion weekend. With the large group we have scheduled for the following (Celtic Christmas) weekend, let's enjoy a week of anticipation and snippets, then invade a Tomball theatre in garb on Friday night. It's not like we don't already know what happens...... ;)

PurpleDragon

Trailer looks good.. Can't wait to see it ;)
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Trillium

SQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got faerie dust?

Yrose

Quote from: Zaubon on July 30, 2008, 08:11:52 AM
It's scheduled to to open Barbarian Invasion weekend. With the large group we have scheduled for the following (Celtic Christmas) weekend, let's enjoy a week of anticipation and snippets, then invade a Tomball theater in garb on Friday night. It's not like we don't already know what happens...... ;)

Sounds like a good idea, perhaps our McLotofus planner Blue6669 can work on planning it out.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

daylight

I have read all the books and i just love them. I always go to the book parties and to the show in garb I was dressed as proff Twillyaway for the last book party. I got to  be on the news and had my pic taken a bunch of times. My daughter and grand kids we all dressed up together. Yes I will be going to see the movie, Love that Harry Potter