News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild about Harry- Potter that is!

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 15, 2008, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daylight

Queen Bonnie what is the Beedle the bard book about?

Queen Bonnie

It is a fairy tale book mentioned in the Harry Potter books!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

daylight

Well i might just have to check that book out can I get it a local book store anywhere? and is it a series or just one book?

CatAshtrophy

It wont be available in stores until December. It's just one book, not a series. The Beetle book is the book that is discussed in book 7 of the Harry Potter series. The Beetle book does not have the same characters as Harry Potter, but from what I understand, the published version is supposed to appear like it is the copy of the book that Hermoine owned.

daylight

Var Greyshadow

That sounds so neat!  I have the other two "textbooks" she put out and they're really fun.  (Don't ask me the titles right now - I'd have to look when I get home.  I think one was the Magical Creatures book.)
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Queen Bonnie

The other is Quiddich through the ages! Fun!
Wingardium Leviosa!

C Dragonworks

I just saw the new movie preview things on one of the Tv channels this AM.... WOOOHOOOO I can hardly wait!  Will be out in Sept! OH BOY OH BOY! Cat

Zoë

I saw the new trailer a few days ago for movie 6, huzzah indeed.  Tiny Voldemort is creepy!  In a Damien kind of way....eesh!  He gives me the heebie jeebies. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

PurpleDragon

Quote from: Zoë on August 01, 2008, 12:31:40 PM
I saw the new trailer a few days ago for movie 6, huzzah indeed.  Tiny Voldemort is creepy!  In a Damien kind of way....eesh!  He gives me the heebie jeebies. 

"Damien, I'm doing this for you!!!!!!!!!!"  (GODS I LOVE THE OMEN)
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Queen Bonnie

I pre ordered mine from Amazon- not the collectors edition.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Queen Bonnie

News! The Next Harry Potter film was supposed to open this Nov. Now it has been pushed back to July 17'09!
Drat! I am disappointed, But now at least the opening does not conflict with TRF!
Wingardium Leviosa!

KeeperoftheBar

For those that have not yet heard. the next Harry Potter film's release is being delayed till 17 July 2009.  This is not due to production difficulties but rather to take advantage of an open summer weekend in the schedule.  They think they will make more money with a July opening than they would with one in November.  

So much for a group viewing during TRF.  My "Potter Withdrawl" is almost as bad as my "Faire Withdrawl".
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

renfairephotog

Because of the writer's strike there's not as many movies ready for next summer. And warner Brothers has already made a ton on The Dark Knight this year.

The trailer will appear before Star Wars: Clone Wars today.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer