News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild about Harry- Potter that is!

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 15, 2008, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoBill Lurker

OMG! :o
If this is a true quote from JK...my mind is now blown! Wow...
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

mieljolie

Not true.  This isn't even hinted at in either the book or the movie, to me.  Especially not the movies.  They are clearly two different species of snake.  The one Harry set free was a Burmese Python.  The one portrayed as Nagini was, I believe, closer to a reticulated python.  I'll have to watch again to verify this.  Different patterns entirely, though.  Therefore not the same snake.  Besides, Nagini would have already been a Horcrux and closely guarded by Voldy as a pet.  I'm sure he would have been cared for by a Deatheater somewhere.  That's my opinion.  However, it always bothered me that the snake in the Sorcerer's Stone winked.  Snakes can't wink.  They have no eyelids.  Argh...Hollywood...geez...  :)
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

mieljolie

Another music video on YouTube that I thought was funny:

"Pottermore" - or better = "What if Pottermore Sorts Me in the Wrong House"
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

LadyAsh

I registered into Pottermore about a month ago and got Hufflepuff as my house. Are there any other registered on to Pottermore yet?
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Lady Neysa

Lady Ash,  I'm on Pottermore, but haven't played very much yet.  I'm a Ravenclaw!

Queen Bonnie

I registered on Pottermore but have not figured out how to get sorted or do much on it yet. I need a young person to show me how it works. I am hopeless.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

LadyAsh

You're not hopeless Queen Bonnie! You'll figure it out. It is a fairly easy site to navigate. :)

Lady Neysa- I haven't played that much either recently, though I do enjoy how you get to earn house points for the cup. I just logged in yesterday to check things out, and it turns out that the house cup is going to be awarded on July 5th!
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

The Lady Mercedes

I was pointed to this lovely post...I love Potter art!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!