News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild about Harry- Potter that is!

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 15, 2008, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

The trailer has been out for a bit and looks awesome. I don't want the movies to end. I guess I am glad for more anticipation- I think?
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Yrose

Dang, I was truly looking forward to a mass garb party from TRF.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Zaubon

This give us an opportunity for an air conditioned garbed event in the middle of Texas summer. I'm seeing possibilities here.

Queen Bonnie

I am also looking on the bright side of this! TRF and the Harry Movie are events on their own and good they no longer conflict. I guess I will be doing something in the Austin Area for the movie!
Wingardium Leviosa!

renfairephotog

The trailer looked even better on the big screen.  But it still said November at the end since they changed the released date  a couple days before.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Zoë

I suppose now that HP has been pushed back to the summer it doesn't have to worry about running for a month in November and then having their numbers crushed by the opening of "Twilight," which was going to be in December and is now in November. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Queen Bonnie

The Tonner Prof. Severus Snape doll is out!    They are also doing Luna!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Lord Figaro

I've read where some are talking about boycotting all WB movies until they either move the date back, or they finally release it.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Queen Bonnie

I will just wait patiently for the movie to come out.  Do boycotts ever work?
Anticipation is a good thing.
Wingardium Leviosa!

renfairephotog

http://fantasyislove.com/

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Domestric Trailer #3
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Queen Bonnie

WOW! I wish we did not have to wait so long to see the movie! It looks very dark!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Tygrkat

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Queen Bonnie

I received my copy of Tales of Beedle the Bard from Amazon yesterday! I have not read it yet. Keeping it to savor when I finish my library book!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Taffy Saltwater

I picked up a copy of Beedle today at Target - I am purposefully waiting so as to savor the anticipation.  I fear we'll be jonesing w/o respite for more wizardry from Ms. Rowling.

My Christmas pressie this year from my mum - Professor McGonagall's wand & a Gryffindor pewter mug.

EDIT:  I read Beedle - my favorite tale is that of the Wizard & the Hopping Pot - what a gift of words & worlds.
Sveethot!

Queen Bonnie

I love the Gryffindore pewter mug! The wand is great too. I am still waiting to savor the book. Family Channel had the Harry Potter movies on this past weekend. Comfort movies! I never get tired of watching them.
Wingardium Leviosa!