News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

English Peasant, Fey Wife and Adventuress Girls

Started by Steev, February 02, 2009, 11:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steev

We're in our third season of faire and need to upgrade/supplement our garb.  Currently we're English/Irish peasant/villager class.  We have pretty nice basic outfits provided by magicmyst.com and some acccesories we've made but are ready for the next step.  We need moral support/recommendations.

I'm a woodworker peasant in mostly satisfactory garb but I need a longer and more authentic jerkin (or doublet or gambeson or whatever...), my lovely wife has an "old gold" Irish leine dress w. chemise and wants to become more faerie-like (eldritch, mysterious, woodland faerie, not ballet-dancer in romper...),  my lovely daughters in simple Irish dresses w. chemise want to be Robin Hood-style forester and pirate.

I'd appreciate any leads to smaller, independent outfitters/seamstresses/tailors who could help us.  Responses off-forum welcomed if I'm violating a protocol by asking for them in the forum.

Thanks in advance,

S
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

Lady Renee Buchanan

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich