News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FLARF Website and Countdown!

Started by Anna Iram, February 03, 2009, 12:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Iram

Forest Guardians

And just to get things warmed-up...we're headin to NYRF

Coffeegirl09

I can't wait! I start counting down from the moment the faire closes! :)

Toua Taru

They did a nice job with the new site design! I didn't realize it had changed until I went on yesterday
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Anna Iram

I've updated the link to the faire. Yes, I like the new look too!  :)

Betty Munro

If you click on entertainment schedule it says coming soon, but if you click on entertainers bios it has a long list of who to expect there.

Anna Iram

Yes, glad this new website has more info. Odd that their old website is still up as well, though I don't see where they are linked.

Anyway, I'd not so much expect a schedule up just yet, but glad to see the rest of the site info is there. 

Finnian

Finnian

>> Goodness how come it seems Florida is the only inactive faire thread on this forum??? Where all my locals at?? I surely can't be the only one who can't wait for Flarf....am I?

Anna Iram

Here's a countdown ticker for you all. Thanks to Kate and her link over in BARF.

Yeah, I'd love to see more visiting back and forth. Goodness, it's just a three hour tour of the Galdes between us!

Finnian

Yeah, if me and Devyn had a place to stay over there and a weekend with a vehicle we'd probably go to BARF too, but alas, we have neither unless we rent a car or get a hotel, and funds just aren't looking up for that this year. But flarf is always great enough for me XD

Queen Maggie

Quote from: Finnian on January 27, 2010, 11:07:46 AM
>> Goodness how come it seems Florida is the only inactive faire thread on this forum??? Where all my locals at?? I surely can't be the only one who can't wait for Flarf....am I?
Well, I'm in rehearsal most nights and all weekend... and just finished FLARFMiami.  There just doesn't seem to be the same online presence of folks from FLARF. Though I've been noticing a few more rogues and wenches: I'd love it if we could develop a stronger local here in the South.
Queen Maggie
wench#617, Bard #013
aka Mistress Mannerly, Goodlief Bailey, Cousin Undine Mannerly, Mother Lowe

Finnian

Quote from: Queen Maggie on January 28, 2010, 10:37:27 AM
Quote from: Finnian on January 27, 2010, 11:07:46 AM
Well, I'm in rehearsal most nights and all weekend... and just finished FLARFMiami.  There just doesn't seem to be the same online presence of folks from FLARF. Though I've been noticing a few more rogues and wenches: I'd love it if we could develop a stronger local here in the South.

Yeah, I really have been trying to tap into people on various sites/forums...it's just lacking...and weird. I'm really hoping that maybe once faire starts I'll be able to find some more local connections. :)

In another note, I've never auditioned for a faire before, but I was curious about how auditions and rehersals go for Falrf, since I've heard of so many different things from people at different faires. Mind if I PM you?

Auryn

Finnian, Im a local  ;D

ive actually been trying to get people talking on the FLARF facebook page and its like pulling teeth.

Where do you live?
I'm in Lantana.

I totally think we should have a gathering and meet each other at faire- I've been dying to make local faire friends that get the passion- my regular friends just dont get it.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Finnian

Quote from: Auryn on January 29, 2010, 09:48:48 AM
Finnian, Im a local  ;D

ive actually been trying to get people talking on the FLARF facebook page and its like pulling teeth.

Where do you live?
I'm in Lantana.

I totally think we should have a gathering and meet each other at faire- I've been dying to make local faire friends that get the passion- my regular friends just dont get it.

I'm in Plantation, which is in Ft. Lauderdale, just like 20-30 minutes south of where Flarf is held. :) Yay a meetup! (And I have commented on the Facebook before, my name on there is Aki Mochidzuki)