News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mayfaire in Marshall ,Michigan

Started by Carl, May 15, 2008, 03:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Hello who will be at the faire this weekend? (17,18) Looks like Sat. may have a touch or rain but we plan on making it out as we will be at the Rendevous next weekend.This will be our first time here. Huzzah to all see ya Saturday. Let the faire season begin!!
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

LadyOren

Huzzah it's tomorrow!!!!  I will be there, my daughter and her best friend are so excited.  They made presents for the Queen and when I told them there was a chance of rain they both laughed and said "then we will play in the rain"   So look for us there will be four in our group all here's a pic of the girls.  I sure you won't miss them LOL  they will be the ones dancing in the rain  ;D  My Daughter is Rachael in the Blue and her Friend Gabby in the black and red
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

LadyMeg

Yay!  Yay!  Yay!!!!  I'm going to try and make it Sunday.  Don't have my car for Saturday or I totally would do both.  Look for me Sunday though...  I'm going to be sporting my Narnia LWW green dress (hopefully... gotta go finish the grommets)...
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Oh, I will be there all right, with my wife in tow.

LadyOren

The opening day was a success!! terrific weather, and the girls had the time of thier life, all smiles all day and it was nice to see them playing.  Her majesty the Queen is most gracious as she presented the girls with rings when they presented her and the Princess with a gift.  Upon presenting my gift to the Queen she requested that I attend the Queens tea and I was most honored to do so.  Sorry I didn't seem to run into any of you, but the girls had me hopping from one show to another and thru all of the merchants booths that there wasn't much time for just chatting.   Cathy and I will be there on Sat the 24, maybe the winds will favor us to cross paths on that day.   Huzzah!! to the first day of the faire  Huzzah!!
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Talolin

I am thinking of going Memorial Weekend, but am thinking of camping during it.  Does anyone know the closest campgrounds to the faire?
Here's a Health to the Company...

LadyMeg

despite the cold and needing to find a way to layer up my cape... what a LOVELY day!
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

LadyOren

The forcast for this cmoing Mayfaire weekend is hot and beautiful with a high of 74 on Saturday and 76 on Sunday. Huzzah!!!
Lady Cathrine and I will be there this Saturday only as we both have family events on Sunday and Monday to attend to.  Hope to see you there!  Dress light  :D 

Escarlata

*chuckling* can't resist .... 74 is barely aboving freezing for some of us...  you all dress as is appropriate *grinning*
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

sealion

Will be there Saturday and Sunday!
Escarlata- After waking up to a chilly 40 this morning temps in the 70s will seem like a heat wave. ;D
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Escarlata

*giggling* and it's 82 here right now and I have the windows open. Sorry, I live in the South for a reason, long as it's not muggy I love the heat.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Gwyn

I camped last weekend, on the County Fair grounds.  It was quite nice, although a bit chilly in the morning.  I am looking forward to camping again this weekend, especially with the forecast of nicer weather.  We are expecting a large gathering of campers in our group this weekend.

LadyOren

Can we go yet :D     I ran into goodwill on Sunday and pickedup a couple of big lightweight curtains and a tablecloth.  Came home and thru together a new outfit for Sunday since it's going to be warmer.  I'm a cooler weather person and to me 74 is about my limit for heat so I wanted to be comfy.  Hope to see you all there. 

Pipere

Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Guinevere of Leonesse

I will be there at opening gate on Memorial Day along with my husband and baby bump. :)
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

sealion

Here are a few photos taken Saturday:

Ladyfair

Talolin enjoying the music...

of Connor Savage

My daughter and her friend checking out one of Rattie Flintlock's many pets.

Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin