News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FLARF 2009

Started by Anna Iram, February 08, 2009, 09:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Iram

What a wonderful time I had today at FLARF

I was very very lucky to have the chance to hear/and see Albernnnach.  This was their last show before they head home to Scotland. If any of you ever have the chance to catch them...TAKE IT!! Phenomonal. Amazing, high energy scottish drums and pipes. Exilerating!

I mentioned this elsewhere, but make it  point to see Musical McBeth. Laughed so hard I cried. I like laughing almost as much as I like men in kilts and scottish drumming.

A fun day. I'm now officially geared up and ready for my homefaire to open.

Big thanks to the cast, crew and vendors of FLARF. You all always put on such a good show.

Two dissapointments. First, I could not find Ralphie. Second , the honey booth was awol . Though I heard there was a blessed event  :) Does anyone know their website address?

Auryn

Anna,
I was at the last Albanach performance also.
I saw them last year and could not pass up the chance to see them again.

I was there for the end of the musical McBeth (just before Albanach) it was incredibly funny.

Wish we could have met up.

We had a great time at FLARF yesterday too.
We had two major disappointments though, Christof the Insulter was very dissapointing, not funny at all.
The sign for the joust stated there would be a 2:30 performance, we showed up at 2:35 and it turns out that it was actually at 2, not 2:30, very disappointing.

Otherwise we had great fun.
We even had people stopping and asking to have their picture taken with us, which was a little strange but very fun.

Hopefully we will be going back before the run ends.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Anna Iram

I didn't get to Albannach until just before they began to play.  I was standing exactly center and just behind the benches. What a crowd! I'm not surprised we didn't see each other there. I did keep an eye out all day, but now I'm thinking we should have planned a pub time rather than trust chance. Ah well. We'll meet at BARF. :)

Auryn

Well we were within feet of each other, we were sitting on the top row of metal bleachers to the left side of the stage.

I was very glad to see so many people come out to watch Albanach, last year there were only 10-20 people.
Ya it probably would have been smarter to plan something.

We will definitely plan something for BARF, I am still hoping that we will make it for opening weekend, definately Saturday as milord has class bright and early monday morning.

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Queen Maggie

Thanks for the positive review of Musical MacBeth (I play one of the witches and various other bits..)We had a great opening weekend: I think we had fabulous weather! Next weekend is Romance weekend. I'm plotting already to start some mayhem. Perhaps a variation on rose tag.

A lot of the reason more people got to Albannach (IMO) is simply the location :after all, they can be heard from anywhere... so why walk out to the point? (joke ;) )
Hope to see more of you as the season continues: come introduce yourselves to Lady Mannerly!
Queen Maggie
wench#617, Bard #013
aka Mistress Mannerly, Goodlief Bailey, Cousin Undine Mannerly, Mother Lowe

beeboy

Sir Martin

Can anyone tell me if Ralphie the Ragpicker worked at FlaRF this year?

Queen Maggie

Quote from: Sir Martin on March 13, 2009, 02:17:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if Ralphie the Ragpicker worked at FlaRF this year?
He did not. I don't know him personally, but I heard from one of the other performers that he'd been unwell, and was still recovering.
Queen Maggie
wench#617, Bard #013
aka Mistress Mannerly, Goodlief Bailey, Cousin Undine Mannerly, Mother Lowe

Forest Guardians

Another EXCELLENT season... <whew> ...