News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

THE COLORS! THE COLORS!

Started by DeadBishop, May 07, 2008, 07:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

Since we're here for a bit, I'm looking at customizing this forum to make it a little more personal.  You may see the overall "theme" change randomly.

R/F.com member since 2003

mellingera

leinad

the New  post ((Icon's))  are a boxe with a red X in there  somthing didnt translate corectly DB
Leinad, Gen"Teer"man Ranger

Anna Iram

ooooo....grey with orange lettering. Very sporty!

what's this button do? Cool glow type!

mollymishap

Well, if you're taking votes, I like this gray one better than the generic blue one from earlier in the day.  The color combo reminds me of the R/F  logo/pin...was that the idea?

DeadBishop

Quote from: mollymishap on May 07, 2008, 08:50:52 PM
Well, if you're taking votes, I like this gray one better than the generic blue one from earlier in the day.  The color combo reminds me of the R/F  logo/pin...was that the idea?

I kinda liked that one too, but some people thought it might be a bit too "bold".  I put up a poll that will let people vote on several different themes to see what people like.  Go vote!

Var Greyshadow

Quote from: leinad on May 07, 2008, 07:32:08 PM
the New  post ((Icon's))  are a boxe with a red X in there  somthing didnt translate corectly DB

Same problem here.

Put in my two cents on the colors on the voting thread.  I think I'm the only one who likes bright (reminds of the old forum a bit).
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Queen Bonnie

Dark Text on white please! Easier to read for me ancient wizard eyes than the white text on dark!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Athena

I like the light background too. The dark one is too bold for my taste.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Pascal

Another vote for dark text against light background!

DeadBishop

Votes don't count here.  ;D

Go to the voting thread and click your favorite!

Anna Iram

*Anna lurks outside the polling place*

...pssst...vote for number two.

Lady Amy of York

i like  number 2 ! for those of us who wear reading glasses to  read stuff on the computer the dark one was hard to read ! :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Anna Iram

analise

And, if it does get set on something someone doesn't like (or can't handle, in the case of those who prefer black-on-light than light-on-black it does look like it's possible to change your view of the layout/colors under profile->look and layout preferences