News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

THE COLORS! THE COLORS!

Started by DeadBishop, May 07, 2008, 07:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erynn

Quote from: analise on May 08, 2008, 02:37:02 PM
And, if it does get set on something someone doesn't like (or can't handle, in the case of those who prefer black-on-light than light-on-black it does look like it's possible to change your view of the layout/colors under profile->look and layout preferences

I was hoping there would be an option for that. Took me a while to find. >.<

DeadBishop

Quote from: Erynn on May 08, 2008, 03:39:28 PM
And, if it does get set on something someone doesn't like (or can't handle, in the case of those who prefer black-on-light than light-on-black it does look like it's possible to change your view of the layout/colors under profile->look and layout preferences

The only reason there are options at this point is because I loaded several templates to see what they look like.  Once we figure out what to set this as, the majority of those will be deleted from the database to keep the forum running smoother.

R/F.com member since 2003

analise

Quote from: DB on May 08, 2008, 05:09:37 PM
Quote from: Erynn on May 08, 2008, 03:39:28 PM

The only reason there are options at this point is because I loaded several templates to see what they look like.  Once we figure out what to set this as, the majority of those will be deleted from the database to keep the forum running smoother.

Ah, I didn't realize that (obviously :)). Maybe load the top two voted-for themes from the poll and leave the rest out then? (Or one that's light-on-dark and one that's dark-on-light)

Lady Renee Buchanan

The dark ones hurt my eyes.  I found it hard to read.  Old eyes, I guess.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

mellingera

I know there are more than 55 of us, and yet that is the total number of votes so far..
VOTE people, Vote!!!

DeadBishop

Yes, I'm thinking the top light and top dark theme will get saved in the database.

mellingera

Quote from: DB on May 08, 2008, 10:12:25 PM
Yes, I'm thinking the top light and top dark theme will get saved in the database.

That would be great! I'm thinking that the eyesore factor is related to the display of various moniters. Here at home the dark themes make me flinch, while at work it doesn't bother me at all... Although it could be a good reason to get the new flat panel I've been wanting...

Lord Figaro

I set mine up under the Silver_Shine v2 look.  To me it reminds me of the R/F logo colors. To each there own though. What ever floats yer boat tickles yer fancy and turns ya on.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

DeadBishop

The problem I'm finding is that some of these templates aren't 100% compatible.  Once we find a theme worth sticking with, I'm going to have to dump the majority of them to keep the forums from having any issues down the road.