News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Already anxious

Started by TKM, February 10, 2009, 11:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKM

Quote from: kcdcchef on March 07, 2009, 10:27:58 AM
i think they do it on purpose to ensure you go through the legends at village west to get you to get ticked off at traffic and hang out. i totally think it is intentional.

You're kidding, right? It's impossible to find parking at the legends on a wednesday afternoon in the middle of winter, let alone on a race day. You'd be moving half as fast in that parking lot as you would on the freeway...

kcdcchef

Quote from: TKM on March 10, 2009, 02:21:54 PM

You're kidding, right? It's impossible to find parking at the legends on a wednesday afternoon in the middle of winter, let alone on a race day. You'd be moving half as fast in that parking lot as you would on the freeway...

i think it is great that you have been brainwashed about how great the legends at village west is, i think it is a suburban sprawl DUMP and wouldnt be caught dead there. and i have flown over that suburban piece of garbage a couple of times, the parking lots are never full. so not sure who told you that lie. further, a lot of their places are going out of business ( thank god ) and the crap water park may not even open this year. hehe. can you tell i am a city guy??

and to answer you directly, no, i am not kidding. i think they herd you through there on purpose. both of the last two years i got herded through the legends sprawling acres of un-necessary CRAP, and there was parking a plenty. one of those times was a race day.

hey, go to independence commons, or metro north, or what is left of bannister ( rubble now ) same crap as VW. all suburban sprawl.

Dinobabe

Independence Commons was the best place to shop when I was little.  Now it more closely resembles a ghetto!  Sad.  :'(
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

kcdcchef

Quote from: Dinobabe on March 10, 2009, 09:01:02 PM
Independence Commons was the best place to shop when I was little.  Now it more closely resembles a ghetto!  Sad.  :'(

when i was a kid, there was nothing but a mall, they built nothing there until 1996.  now they have hotels, an arena, office buildings, and more retail than any area in the metro. draws like 12m a year, you sure you arent thinking of bannister or blue ridge?

Dinobabe

Quote from: kcdcchef on March 10, 2009, 09:29:34 PM
Quote from: Dinobabe on March 10, 2009, 09:01:02 PM

when i was a kid, there was nothing but a mall, they built nothing there until 1996.  now they have hotels, an arena, office buildings, and more retail than any area in the metro. draws like 12m a year, you sure you arent thinking of bannister or blue ridge?

Oh, wait!  Maybe it was Blue Ridge!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

TKM

Quote from: kcdcchef on March 10, 2009, 06:08:28 PM
i think it is great that you have been brainwashed about how great the legends at village west is, i think it is a suburban sprawl DUMP and wouldnt be caught dead there.

whoever said i thought the legends was great? all i said is that sooooo many other people obviously think it's good enough that the parking lot is crowded daily, even when you wouldnt think it would be. The only reason i ever go is because it's got my closest gamestop and movie theater. though, there is a theater in merriam i much prefer, but it's a lot farther away.

kcdcchef

Quote from: TKM on March 12, 2009, 01:33:04 PM

whoever said i thought the legends was great? all i said is that sooooo many other people obviously think it's good enough that the parking lot is crowded daily, even when you wouldnt think it would be. The only reason i ever go is because it's got my closest gamestop and movie theater. though, there is a theater in merriam i much prefer, but it's a lot farther away.

well, given your glowing sales pitch that their lots are always full, not hardly. every time i am forced to drive through, anything but full.