News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 winter renstock details and directions

Started by mumsies, February 12, 2009, 04:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

Almost as much fun as Renstock itself is watching it develop.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you again.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

lonerose79

So I do think I can come to Renstock this year,because its during my spring break, as long as I can hitch a ride from someone. 

So that is party of 1 under the name of Britt Harvey.
I know I actually don't speak up much on here. Just creep around.

p.s. I'll think of some sort of food item to bring. I'm sure an idea will come at some random time and I'll shout it aloud, only to confuse those surrounding me.
:D

Morwyn

Quote from: lonerose79 on February 26, 2009, 12:50:15 AM
I'm sure an idea will come at some random time and I'll shout it aloud, only to confuse those surrounding me.
:D

LOL.....and I thought I was the only one that did that... ;)

April

How much notice needs to be given if I'm comin'?  I may not know until a couple days before...
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

anne of oaktower

No notice is actually required...it's open to any all who wish to show up, whether they're on "the list" or not.  Hope you can make it  ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

BJ and Kevin

We may be attending, have to find a babysitter for our boxer.  We will bring a pasta dish. As it stands now we say we'll be there.

Realmwatcher

Quick question, what's the smoking policy?  We're looking to bring the hookah.

anne of oaktower

Go ahead and bring the hookah, however, despite the fact that this is a "private" party, it is being held in a public facility.  Hence, we must adhere to code and request that all smoking be done outside.  (I hope the weather will be mild that evening...I remember well the nights of standing outside in rain/snow/freezing temps to get my evening fix.)

Terry Griffith

Quote from: anne of oaktower on March 01, 2009, 11:41:08 AM
Go ahead and bring the hookah, however, despite the fact that this is a "private" party, it is being held in a public facility.  Hence, we must adhere to code and request that all smoking be done outside.  (I hope the weather will be mild that evening...I remember well the nights of standing outside in rain/snow/freezing temps to get my evening fix.)

Reference:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XXSNOVyeIg

"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

BeerBlessings

FYI, there may be a few Great Lakes folks showing up as well.. Stephanie, myself, Pirate Dave, and Jenn are talking about the possibility.. Not 100% sure yet though...

<grin>

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Terry Griffith on March 01, 2009, 12:09:02 PM
Reference:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XXSNOVyeIg

Loved the video, Terry! 

Quote from: BeerBlessings
FYI, there may be a few Great Lakes folks showing up as well.. Stephanie, myself, Pirate Dave, and Jenn are talking about the possibility.. Not 100% sure yet though...

<grin>

You'll all be welcomed with open arms  ;D

Professor M

Quote from: BeerBlessings on March 01, 2009, 02:09:01 PM

<grin>

As long as it's the Great ones, welcome!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

mumsies

Almost that time and the guest list is looking quite impressive! It's wonderful to see so many being able to make the time and get together. Anne is right-don't worry if you haven't sent an RSVP...that is mainly to give us a general idea of who will be there, how much food we need, who is bringing what. Even if you find out Saturday that you are able to make it.....just show up...can't wait to see everyone!

mumsies

Just a note: several people have mentioned to me that they thought the party was further north, or four hours away, etc. I am not sure where the confusion came in-but, most of you have been out to the renstock parties at my place before...the Learning Center is only 5-6 miles from my house. For most of you, I think it will be about an hour drive...maybe an hour and a half for anyone who may be coming from further out, like near the airport. (and of course, our friends from Great Lakes have a wee bit further!).

Check out the link in the main post for directions, and if you need any more info, call or email. Mumsies

Sabrina

Along with myself and Jesse (Angus) my sister would like to come.  She worked in the kitchen at Fair and is super nice so she will get along with everyone... if not you can push her around lol.

P.S. This is Mip...