News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sonora Celtic Faire

Started by NorthBayDreamer, February 12, 2009, 09:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthBayDreamer

California's Oldest and Largest Celtic Faire

http://www.sonoracelticfaire.com/

March 13,14,15 2009

Celtic Music: Tempest, Wicked Tinkers, Golden Bough, and The Black Irish Band.
The Great Whiskey Tasting Competition is back in its 5th year. Taste 10 types of whiskey.
Jousting ~ The Knights of Avalon.
Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

NorthBayDreamer

We were there last year and had a great time.   We got our hotel booked for this year.

Anybody else going to be there?
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Landshark No. 67

chainshot

Hey there!
  We've been attending this event since 98 and we make it a point to start off our faire season by going every year.  Although we weren't too thrilled with the parking situation at the new location last year seeing everyone there more than made up for the inconvenience.  Heres hoping to maybe run into you there.

PS:  I finally got around to looking at your pictures that was printed in Renaissance Magazine, they were very nice!

NorthBayDreamer

If you go this year and if you find me, the ale is on me.  We are going up Friday night and will be there Saturday for sure and most probably Sunday.
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Landshark No. 67

Hoowil

I'll be there with my clan.. err.. family. Planning on Saturday and maybe Sunday morning. First faire of the season. Looking forward to it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Lady Toadflinger

We will definately be there! I wouldn't miss the first Faire of the Northern California season!!! This year I hope to meet some of you, since we missed each other last year, North Bay Dreamer.  We will be there Saturday.  My daughter's fiancee bought a great kilt there last year, and it took six months to arrive from Scotland. ( the tartan had yet to be woven) I am counting on him to be wearing it  this year, since he had gotten the pleating figured out by the Las Vegas Faire last fall. Let's all hope that the weather is as fine as last year's!
keeper of the royal menagerie

NorthBayDreamer

Hmmm....sounds like we should shoot for a place and time to meet.  Any suggestions?  The website states that they are doing Whiskey tasting (which I like) again in the Sierra building.  If it is the same setup as last year, there is seating there and that might work.
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Landshark No. 67

Hoowil

Quote from: Lady Toadflinger on February 13, 2009, 04:42:42 PM
Let's all hope that the weather is as fine as last year's!
And the parking better.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Merry

I'm sooo excited for Sonora!  I had a blast last year.  If there is a meet up, I'd like to come and finally meet some of you;)
Merry

Lady Toadflinger

Just pick a time and location for a meet-up and we'll be there!  ;D

Merry

You pick,:D I'll be working and playing with the paytrons so I can't nail a time down.   We won't know our set gig-times until that morning.   I'd have better luck just getting away for a for a bit when I need.   

We'll have our pill set up but we won't be there very often as we 'are' street performers;)  But check it out anyway...My Lady's Stillroom....  It's a new set up and still a work in progress, so constructive comments would be appreciated.  We are working on making the encampment more inviting and interactive when we cannot be present at it.  If we are there, say stop and say hi!   :)

Lady Toadflinger

Okay.  How about Sat at 11:30 in the Sierra Bldg?  Too bad it's not Rum tasting, though.  I'd love that! :)  Hope to see you all!

NorthBayDreamer

Sounds good to me, see you there
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Landshark No. 67

Lady Toadflinger

Huzzah! The first Faire of the Nor Cal season...tomorrow!!!!  See you all there! ;D

Hoowil

What a beautiful weekend!  :D I don't think I've ever seen better faire weather, so nice and cool. The entire family had a blast. We made it just in time for the early(er) Saturday performance of the Wicked Tinkers, which is always one of our favorites. Its so much fun to watch my daughter try to dance :D, even if it's a little scary in crowds. Missed the joust, yet again  :(, but we're pretty well used to the little one not being so interested, and wanting to wander. I do have to say, during the joust is definitely the best time to hit the privy or the food vendors if you don't want a huge line  ;). We absolutely loved the new shuttles! We got a few odd looks and comments after reining in the kid with a leash, but in the crowds it was a must. The wolf hounds were a big hit with Amara. As usual, we were too busy herding the small, and looking around to remember to take pictures, but we got a couple good ones.

My beautiful ladies getting ready by the shuttle stop

The wild one

Me and the kiddo towards the end of the day