News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sonora Celtic Faire

Started by NorthBayDreamer, February 12, 2009, 09:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandrake Von Sets

Keeping an eye on the weather.

...and don't forget about Daylight Savings Time this Sunday.
Wil

Hoowil

Saturday's weather was wonderful, but by the dark clouds, and sprinkles as we left Sonora this morning, today would have been a bit different.
As usual, we just did Saturday, and had a blast. Its always fun to hit some of the local merchants who recognize us, and like to watch as the kids grow every year. We had fun watching the games a bit, and of course the Wicked Tinkers were part of our schedule for the day. Amara has made a habit of making sure to get herself presented at court whereever we go, and that was fun. This is the first ime in years we didn't recognize or get recognized by)any forum members while we were about.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

chainshot

We just did the Saturday as well and likewise also had a blast!  Now regarding seeing other forum members, we too did not see anyone from here but did run into North Bay Dreamer's friend Mike Andree and his wife as they walked past our encampment.  But inspite of all the positives, (i.e., seeing all of our friends, and familiar vendors and performers there,) we were a bit taken back by the rather high prices we encountered at the food booths.  For example we spent about forty bucks for breakfast consisting of an omelet, and three crepes, and nearly fifty bucks for lunch for some meatpies and drinks.  Now ordinarily we would have eaten with our guild at our encampment, but unfortunately due to time constraints and a very busy schedule we had to kind of "eat on the run" as we made our way to one event to another.  But other than that, everything was fantastic as always the Carnahans put on an awesome event.  Next event for us will be in April for the Woodland Highland Games, looking forward to meeting up with some of you then.

Mandrake Von Sets

We did the entire weekend.  My wife, child, & I arrived mid-Friday afternoon and popped over to our guild.  Friday was some sort of school day at the faire, and boy was it warm.  The weather was actually better than I thought it would be.  I honestly think, though, that Sunday close should have been at 5pm rather than 6pm since we live roughly 2 1/2 hours away.
Wil

Mandrake Von Sets

I have a link posted for pictures in the photography forum.
Wil

Hoowil

Well, Sonora opens today. Loading up the van full of family, and heading out in just a couple hours. The wife and I arranged the day off to get ready, but now we have to wait for the kids to get out of school.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.