News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

new toy

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, February 13, 2009, 10:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

alright guys i just purchases a new dagger which i truely can't wait to wear it at Garf any suggestions on how to attach the sheath to my boot i just purchases it so i haven't even got to hold it in my hot little hands anyone wear thier dagger on the outside of thier boot
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BLAKDUKE

I would be careful of that.  Unless You can firmly attach the scabbard to the boot.  If you cannot and there is room I would try to wear it inside the boot.       JMHO.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lady Christina de Pond

yeah didn't know if i could do that securely or not i am going to do some experimenting once i recieve it.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Var Greyshadow

I would probably make a frog for the dagger with straps that could buckle around your boot.  Otherwise, maybe a couple or three lengths of leather lace.  Tie a clove hitch around the sheath (it will pull tight when you tie the ends around your boot) - one lace near the top, and one further down.

I haven't actually worn a dagger on my boot (stuck a sgian dubh in the laces of the boots themselves, since my boots have wraparound lacing), but the above is what I'd try if I were going to do so.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Lady Christina de Pond

thanks for the advice Var I'll try that
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

;D ;D well it has arrived and I love it. I've now get the joy of figuring out how to peace-tie it. then i shall try inside/experiments
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Jack Daw at Work

Take and show a picture of it, please!
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Lady Christina de Pond

Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

alright heres what my new dagger looks like

Lady Ashley of De Coals

Poldugarian Warrior

Sweet. I think Var has a good idea. I too have several daggers, and just got some cool looking boots, and I'm thinking of carrying mine on the outside as well. I carry way too much stuff on my belt, so this is the last resort for another place for a spare blade.

Jack Daw at Work

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Lady Christina de Pond

thank you i also didn't realize that apparently my new dagger is the length from my knew<-Knee(apparently i can't spell) to my foot(didn't realize it was that long) ;D
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Jack Daw at Work

Ah, that's like my Scottish dirk!

Lady Christina de Pond

well it's likely a cousin to is being the title on it was

Irish style Ring Pommel Dagger / Knife / Athame
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Poldugarian Warrior

I've seen the swords marketed the same way, since they too have a ring on the end (pommel). Just the size of blade is different. But, for some reason all of these ring pommel style sword or daggers are placed in this Irish blade category, since they are the predominant makers of this style pommel. Why? Not sure what advantage the ring has other than it can have a strp ran throught it for better securing to one's self or saddle. I would figure.