News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St Patrick's Day Parade

Started by kilted one, February 16, 2009, 05:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilted one

Has anything been decided for the festival to be in the parade this year?
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Princess Mary

Yep yep!! Here's the email from Lori:

Good Day all....

Just wanted to get the message out and circulating that we are participating in the Pittsburgh St. Patty's Day parade again this year. Jim was very happy with the success of the Celebrate the Seasons Parade and is anxious for our participation in another great city parade. (Yes, it was very cold---but we had a great time and there will be plenty of hot chocolate and goodies again!)

The parade is on Saturday, March 14th....I am awaiting line-up details and will get them to you asap.  Please contact me if you are able to join us-the more the merrier.  We also have costuming available should you need assistance; there are some lovely green ensembles here just begging to be worn!

You can reach me at the office number anytime...thanks in advance!  Hope to hear from you and please pass he word in case I missed anyone.

Regards,

Lori Hughes
Public Relations
Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival

724-872-1670

Countess Westmorland

I am so happy the Ren Fest is in again this year.  Hey, it isn't always cold.  A couple of years ago I kept taking off layers as the morning progressed. We ended up in the 60s and I got a slight sunburn on my face.  So, send good weather vibes.  

Just want to tell all of you participating that I expect you to wave at me and Terry.  We will be at our usual places up on the Reviewing Stand.  He may be announcing again this year and I will be spotting entries for the announcers and troubleshooting.
Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

kilted one

Quote from: Countess Westmorland on February 17, 2009, 11:04:25 AM
Just want to tell all of you participating that I expect you to wave at me and Terry.  We will be at our usual places up on the Reviewing Stand.  He may be announcing again this year and I will be spotting entries for the announcers and troubleshooting.
Jan

No jokes about blue ribbons this year!! ;)
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

paulg

Unfortunately the band and I won't be able to take part in this one, though we did have a blast at the celebrate the season parade. We'll be busy setting up for the first of our two gigs that day. I'll post info as we get closer, we'd love to see you guys afterward!

Angus_Cutter

I cant wait to run around in a kilt again

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Angus_Cutter on March 06, 2009, 01:32:46 PM

Run around all you want.  Just don't jump off of anything.  They make really poor parachutes.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Terry Griffith on March 06, 2009, 02:10:42 PM
Quote from: Angus_Cutter on March 06, 2009, 01:32:46 PM

Run around all you want.  Just don't jump off of anything.  They make really poor parachutes.

Are you sure?  Maybe he needs to test that theory....y'know...in the name of science, and all.   ;)
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

chriscat53

My daughter told me only Rennies, no playtrons. Is that true?

Professor M

Chris, I don't feel qualified to say for sure, but we were all asked to participate by the staff of the festival.  I think they only want cast and stage acts.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

By the way, Playtrons are rennies too.  They just want employees in the parade.

chriscat53

There is a parade here in Indiana. I may go in 1798 clothing but I'm probably the only one here who would understand that. lol.

Terry Griffith

I'm so proud of you all.  Everyone looked fantastic.  I was too busy reading the script to acknowledge everyone as they went past the reviewing stand but it seemed so surreal to see royal garb I recognized with different faces but for the thousands that cheered you it was a great picture.  I can't wait to see the photos that Mumsies took.  The pictures will be on the Parade web site soon.
Queen Margaret even donned her crown on the reviewong stand when everyone went by.
My day started  at 7:20am with a radio interview on the Saturday Morning Light Brigade and went non-stop until I packed up at Cappy's in Shadyside at 2 am. 
Jan and I are elated the day went so well.  There's nothing like the thrill of seeing the fruits of our labor going down the street in the 2nd largest St. Patrick's Day Parade IN THE WORLD.  If you have ever seen the largest, New York, you know that ours is THE best.
Congratulations on a job well done.

anne of oaktower

I couldn't find it on the telly  :'(  Next year I'll be there!  Glad you all had such great weather for it!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Professor M

It was a great event, Terry.  Jan and you deserve a lot of credit for all of the organizing you did.  Things went very smoothly for us.

It was great that Kip could join us this year.  Turning him loose on crowds of screaming people was a sight to see.  He was kissing babies and hugging grandmothers, and sometimes the other way around.  As I often say about him, "the well was never dry."

I heard you on The Saturday Light Brigade.  It was a good interview.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis