News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

HELLO im new to this

Started by katie_86, February 08, 2009, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katie_86

Hello! i hope I'm doing this correctly I'm very glad theres spell check hahahaha My name is Katelyn and me and my husband Luke have attended the Pittsburgh renfaire the past 2 years. We absolutely cant get enough!!!! hahaha So we also went to parf which was awesome as well! and we loved the renfaire so much we just wanted to live there, then we stumbled upon the society for creative anachronism and we joined up! , Then we met a very nice lady named Anne (Stacey) told us about this website and about renstock which we will be attending to our great excitement hahaha (Hi Tia!!! I'm really branching out on this whole internet thing) We cant wait to meet all of you!

anne of oaktower

Hi Katelyn!  So glad you found us and, yes, you are doing it right.  :D  Feel free to jump right in and comment on anything and everything you see here in the forum.  We are generally a friendly bunch, and as I'm sure you noticed at Pgh renfaire, we are one big family.  (I call this my "fairemily".)  This would be the place to keep updated about upcoming events, renfaire news, and the joys and sorrows of our mundane lives.  (Yes, it is okay to use that term here.)

Can't wait to see you all at renstock!  I'll make sure you get personal introductions to the rest of the fairemily.

Hugs!

*Sent you a renmail.  (Go to the top of the page and click on "My Messages") 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

TiaLD77

HUZZAH! Katelyn has arrived  ;D
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

kilted one

I so have to get names and faces put together... ???
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

anne of oaktower

Quote from: kilted one on February 09, 2009, 05:36:42 PM
I so have to get names and faces put together... ???

pssssttt....it's okay...no one else has met them yet, either.  That's why we're dragging inviting them to renstock.  ;)

Professor M

Hail and well met, Katelyn and Luke.  I look forward to the day we meet in person.

In fact, you shouldn't wait for Renstock.  Come out to the Harp & Fiddle on Thursday night.  Many of us will be there.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

katie_86

Im assuming the harp and fiddle is in pittsburgh and thats a bit of a drive for a thursday with work in the morning
although im sure it would be quite delightful!!!

DuCoeur

Welcome Katelyn....Pittsburgh is the best place to get your feet wet in the wonderful world of Ren Faires.

See you at Ren-Stock.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Lukeocracy

Hello wife! your fantastic!

Professor M

Quote from: Lukeocracy on March 09, 2009, 01:32:27 PM
Her fantastic what?

Oh!  You mean you're fantastic!  I'm sure she is.

I don't think we formally met at Renstock.  Please introduce yourselves the next time our paths cross.  I'm always eager to meet new friends.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

katie_86

Quote from: Professor M on March 10, 2009, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: Lukeocracy on March 09, 2009, 01:32:27 PM
Her fantastic what?

Oh!  You mean you're fantastic!  I'm sure she is.

I don't think we formally met at Renstock.  Please introduce yourselves the next time our paths cross.  I'm always eager to meet new friends.
I dont know about fantastic... well maybe a little.... hehehe
sorry about not meeting you, We'll make sure to make ourselves known next time we see you. Maybe we'll make it to the harp and fiddle sometime

anne of oaktower

Quote from: katie_86 on March 10, 2009, 05:30:15 PM
sorry about not meeting you, We'll make sure to make ourselves known next time we see you. Maybe we'll make it to the harp and fiddle sometime

Sorry about that.  I did promise to introduce you to all my wonderful friends, but I got just a little busy with the auction tickets and stuff  :-[

Next time you are able to join us, I'll make sure you're properly introduced.

jayadancer

Good lady Katelyn, you'll even find a few people at PRF who are also in the S.C.A.  Some of us are as likely to be at Pennsic as at renn fest...  Welcome!
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~