News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lady Glorianna and Sir Dragon -*updated*-

Started by Lady_Glorianna, May 07, 2008, 07:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

My BIG candle is still burning for you both. Pray some kind of good news comes your way soon.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Jezzy MacPeaks

Blessings and prayers are with you both.
Jezzy
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

Lady_Glorianna

Stent has been placed. Things went well. He is now just trying to get used it and chemo which this time around, he has to get  every week. It is too early to tell, but it seems like chemo at least helps controlling most of the pain and to halt most if not all the complications.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Scotsman

Awesome news! Cant wait to see you two again ... Duclaw's Wednesday maybe?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Sir Dragon

Many thanks to all for your prayers and well wishes. Scotsman, possibly. It all depends on how I feel.

Lady Amy of York

Sending prayers of comfort and healing your way for  both of  you.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Sir Dragon

Got I guess somewhat of a good surprise: looking into our accounts I guess I got approved for social security disability. With all the advertisements for lawyer services and after talking to several people who emphasized that 99% of applicants get denied the first time, I had thought that I might have to fight SSA too. Guess my doctors painted a pretty grim picture and got me through the process.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Thats wonderful news. That could take some stress off of you, my husband had a year of fighting with them before his attorneys had any success. Prayers are with you and your lady. God Bless.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Amy of York

I came across this poem today and thought i would share it with you.

What Cancer cannot do........

it cannot.....

invade the soul
        suppress memories
         kill friendship
          destroy peace
          conquer the spirit
          shatter hope
          cripple love
            corrode faith
            steal eternal  life
            silence  courage

You both continue  to be in  my thoughts  and  prayers ! :)

Lady_Glorianna

Well, it is now official. The disk at L3-L4 is screwed up and in my doctors's opinion, conventional therapies will do nothing to solve the problem so his recommendation is more surgery. This time around they would have to go in either through the back or through the side. Although he has vast experiences doing surgery, if I agree to the less invasive side surgery, I would the the first patient he does said style of surgery to. Of course, all of this if workman's comp approves all of this. They could still say that I need to to go through other therapies before they will approve surgery. We just came back from the doctors and Sir Dragon is feeling miserable so needless to say we shall discuss this further later. I'm a bit bombed because again my participation at MDRF is being messed with and we were both so looking forward to it for many reasons from it is therapy to us righ through this might be Sir Dragon's last time at MDRF.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady Amy of York

I'm so sorry  to hear this .  I feel so bad for  you guys.  I know how it is  to go for years  living in pain.  No fun  !     
   I'm sorry you have to have more surgery on your back.  I  would deffinitely  see if they can do it  from the  side  then  go  through the back.   When i had my surgery to remove  my tumor, they went through both the  side  and back.
The back incisions  hurt, but the  side one was not too bad.  Maybe  you can find  someone  who is  experience  with  doing the less invasive .

Have you  considered  looking into laser surgery?  My cousin who is  a operating room nurse  told  me  there is  something  called a  Gamma  kinfe,  (  i think that is  what she called it ),  that is  very  inavasive, and  you barely feel a  thing she  claims.

Soory to hear Sir Dragon is feeling  poorly.     I Hope  you two will both somehow  beable  to go  to faire.   Don't give  up hope.   I know  easier said  then  done, but miracles  do happen  !
    Hugs  and prayers  to you  both ! :)

Baroness de Vale

You both continue to be in my prayers! I hope worker's comp doesn't keep you waiting too long! I know what a headache they can be. Hugs!

daylight

My prayer are with you both, I pray for you to believe for the impossible because when you belive for the impossible, the impossible becomes the possible. hold on to your faith and don`t let it go, I know it is hard to keep looking for at the bright side things, but keep looking at the bright side of things.( the fact you have each other to hold,  your family, your dreams, your passions, the love you share with each other these are the things I  wish for you to look at)  when we allow ourselfs to just see all the bad we can get very depressed, so look at the possitive things that are going on right now. I know they might be few, from your stand point; but find if you can good things and look at. The good things will help pull you through the bad times. The good things can be streams of water in the desert times.

Lady_Glorianna

Well, we heard from the lawyer and it looks like the @$#&%$# doctor will get away with what he did to Sir Dragon.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair