News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

prayers,hope,faith.....

Started by Lady Amy of York, February 18, 2009, 06:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Okay, here  I ago again.  My health problems which i  was hoping were finally behind me after they found and removed the tumor  on my spine  last  year, are back  again.     It started back before Christmas, when i had  the mild  seizure that the doctors  could not explain  what caused it,   and has just  progressed   from there.

I have been keeping  quiet about it ad not saying anything to anyone, cause  for one i did not want to worry  anyone, and  two i felt embarrassed  and like a  weakling...but i  know  how  the support of friends and family  can help so i am reaching out again.

Anyway, i am getting terrible back of the head  headaches, where i can barely lift my head off the pillow, followed by  back pain, and  numbness in  my face, hands  and  feet. My vision  is blurry at times.  I  go from the sweats  to the chills.
So in other words  something is up again  with me.  I  feel fustrated  and aggravated  cause i thought this was all behind me.

My husband  and I are looking into a  therory  he has.  He thinks i might be leaking spinal  fluid  or have very low spinal fluid. It can casue bad headches, and  the numbness i  am getting. Over the last  five years i have had three  spinal taps. Each tme they could get very liitle spinal fluid out of me,  and the last time  the guy did not know what he was doing, and i started leaking what fluid  i had  and had to have what what they call a emergency blood patch done  to stop the leaking.
   Then 2 years ago when i went in for  the needle biopsy   of the tumor they found on my spine, the  doctor at that time said there was some clear fluid in the biopsy that looked like spinal fluid, and asked me if i had ever had a  botched up spinal tap. at the time i did not think anything of it, cause i was more concern about the tumor on my spine,  but  now my  husband and I are wondering  if i am still leaking fluid or have low fluid levels.

So now i just nedd to find  a decent neurologist to go to. Lord knows i am not going back to one i had  been going to, after he  neglected  to tell about about the tumor on my   spine.

I know there are people on here who have it worse off then me, but i could really use  some  postive  thoughts  and  prayers  right  now.    

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Ferret

You shouldn't have kept quiet, always give people a chance to help in any way they can.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Ferret

Lady Amy of York

sealion

Hugs & Prayers. That sounds like a plausible theory to me. I hope you find a good neurologist soon.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Luciana

Hugs and prayer my dearest Amy. I hope they will find out what gives you so much pain and suffering and fix it, and you'll be better again.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Celtic Lady

O Amy... you should have said something. Many hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Bodharan

Amy

Sorry to hear about the renewed problems.  I had a medical problem myself a few years back.  It was hard dealing with it then, and I was very happy when it was all over.  Then I had a relapse this last year, and it was much more difficult because, like you, I thought it was behind me.  The good news is that I beat it again, and the sun is shining once more.  You will too, and things will get back to normal.  Just hang in there.  And count on your friends here for support and affection.  It makes all the difference in the world.

Bodharan

Just looking for a good hat.

Lady Amy of York

Thanks all !  The support and encouragement is  appreciated.  I can't type much right now, cause i can barely hold  my head up  without dizzy , but i will keep you all posted. Thank you all again !

Dracconia

Darling Amy

I am so sorry that you are sick again, but I am praying for you and will be putting you on my prayer list at church. I am surrounded by prayer warriors and soon you will be too. I love you my friend and I want you to know that you have reached out I am placing you in the safety of the Father's hand...nothing can harm you there if only you put your faith in him.

Remember two things....
I love you....
God loves you....

LOVE your baby sis
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

RenRobin

Amy you are so in my prayers girl!  Hang tough like I know you can.
Loki-terr (in training)

white trillium

Amy,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Terri
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

lordwriothsley

Amy as always you will remain in my thoughts and prayers. I have faith that whoever you find to go to will know what he or she is doing and will find the right treatments to cure all these nasty health problems of yours.

Hugs to you Amy!
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Thank you everyone !  :)  The love , support and well wishes  and prayers are very touching and moving, and very appreciated ! 

Well this morning when i woke i did not have any headaches. Yea, and i was able to stand up without feeling dizzy.  So i was like, yea, so far so good !   My husband was at work, and my son was  laying in his bed reading his books, so I decided   after laying in bed for two days, i was going  to take  a shower.
  Well big mistake.  While in the shower i started  to get the shakes,  so i quickly rinsed off, threw on some sweats and climbed in bed.  Then i called my husband, and asked him to come home  to help  take the dogs out and  get my son  his breakfast.
So my husband  came home, and with his help i wanderd out to the living room to have breakfast.I could not sit up for vey long.  My head kept feeling like some one was pressing down on it, my vision was  going blurry and i kept getting tingling in my arms  and  face.   So back to bed i went.

When i felt up to it, this afternoon, i layed in bed  with my laptop, and researched  Neurolgists around here and in Syracuse.   I hate just picking one without any references  from someone  givven  my past luck with a couple of  my doctors, but i may have no choice, for i cant keep    ging on the  way i am now !

it is  so  fustrating cause i was  doing so well, and was able  to do things with my son that i had not been able  to do in awhile.  Ugh, but i am not going to let this get the best of  me.  I am  fighting  it all the  way.   Today  after doing some  research on the laptop, my son and i watched  cartoons  together. I am not going to let  this illness  ruin  my  time  with him.

Right now laying here, my face keeps  tingling like crazy.  So yea, time  to hopefully get to the bottom of al this.  I'm not looking forward  to more  tests  and  more meds, etc...but am willing to do whatever it takes  to get me back on  my feet again.

Tygrkat

{{HUGS}}

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you, but know you ALWAYS have a place of support with your Fairmily to vent, cry, or just...well...be supported  :P

My thoughts are with you  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.