News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

prayers,hope,faith.....

Started by Lady Amy of York, February 18, 2009, 06:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Update : May 15, 2009

I have  been focusing  on trying to heal  myself   thru  diet, exercise  and  taking  vitamins  and   supplements.
    I walk  everyday, and  also  work out  to the  WII   Fit  program  for  the  WII   game  console.    I take  daily vitamins  and  supplements  to help   with  my circulation, diabetes,  blood pressure, and  metabolism.       So far  so good.( knocks  on wood, cause i  don't want  to jinx  myself.)

I'm up and  about  and  active.  Although  my energy levels  are  not  that high, and i  still get  some  tingling  and   still have numbness in  my  feet  and  some  pain  in my back,  but nothing  that i  can't handle.

So i am hoping that   i am making  progress,  cause  this has happen  to  me  before. I'll  be  feeling better and  making progress  and  then all  of  a  sudden my symptoms  will act up again.
  So  only  time  will tell.  Hoping and  keeping  fingers  crossed.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

lordwriothsley

Hang in there Amy we're still pulling for you through this.

Hugs to you my dear.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Thanks  Lord W  and  RenRen.  Yes i am determined  to beat  this, what ever it is.    Like i said  i still get  the  numbness in my feet, but  i hve bben told  i have  some  nerve  damage in my feet,  so  that  may be  something i will just hve  to put up with.   I  try to walk  evry day  to improve  my criculation.

My balance is  still pretty bad, but i am  doing balance  exercises  to help improve  it,if i don't kill myslf  in the  process. ;D
    I  still get tingling and  in my hands  and  tremors  in my face, and  some  blurred vision and  dizziness  but i am hoping and praying    that if i continue   excercising and  dieting and  taking the  vitamins  and  supplements  that  things  will improve. 

I  am  constanly  reading and  doing research on health  and  nutrition and  vitaimins  and   supplements  and  natural  cures  nd i feel that it may be  the  best way  to  go.

Speaking of  that  i went  thru my medicine  cabinet  today  and  literally thru  away  about   50 prescription bottles of pain meds  that  the  doctors  have  prescribed  to me over  the last  two years.   Most of them I  had not even  open  and used, cause i  did not want  to take  all that stuff. It is  toxic  to your  system  and  can  be  addicting.    But it just  shows  you how  freely, and  willingly doctors  are to hand out  pain meds   today.  Half of  them  don't evn bother  to listen  to your  symptoms.  they jsut  hand  you  prescriptions  for  more  meds.
It is  pretty scarey when  you think of  it.   Thank  Goodness i had  the  smarts  not  to take most of it.  I mean  who knows  what all that  meds  could  have  done  to me.   Heck, i may not still be  around.   That stuff  can be  toxic  and if  mixed  with other  meds  can be  deadly at  times..   It just makes you want  to shake  her head .  Wonder about  the medical  world  today.

So anyway i am  sticking to excercising, eating healthy and taking natural vitamins  and  supplements  for now.

lordwriothsley

Amy the main thing is is that you are taking the right steps to cure yourself of this illness and for that we are all still very proud of you.

Hang in there lass. You are still in our thoughts and prayers.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

JULY 9"TH_UPDATE
  A  couple of  weeks  ago  when  i went  to see  my family  doctor  for  my regular  checkup, he  asked how i was  feeling, and i  told him, how i was  still getting  the  numbness  and that  the  tremors  were  coming  back, and that i felt  tired  all the  time.
  He  ran  some  blood  tests  and  it showed that i was  slightly  anemic  so he  put me  on  iron  supplements.
   A few  days later i get  a  call  from his  nurse  saying that  the  doctor  saw  something in  my blood  work he  did not like  (  she did not know  what  per say )   and  wanted more blood work,  and  also  some stool sample  tests  and  urine  tests  cause  they thought i  might have blood in  my urine  and  stools.
     So i  was very   anxious  the last  two weeks  . I know  blood in  the stools  can  some  times be  a sign of   colon cancer or  something serious.
        But my tests  came  back  yesterday.  My  stool samples  were  fine.  I  almost burst  out in tears  of joy.  I  have  never  cried  over poop  before !! :)

My blood  tests  did  show  that I'm a very, very  anemic  which  could  maybe  be  the  cause of  some of  my  symptoms.
 So looks like  maybe  we are  starting  to get  some  positive  answers   for  a change  ! :)

Tygrkat

Lady Amy, that is FANTASTIC news!  ;D

I know how long you've been waiting to have anything concrete to go on, and I can only imagine what a relief it must be to know what may be causing your symptoms.

HUZZAH!  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

lordwriothsley

Amy I'm glad that you are finally starting to get some answers that you have been waiting for for so long. I can't imagine how much of a relief this must be to you right now to know what is finally causing some of the symptoms that you have been dealing with all this time.

Like I have said before the main thing right now is to take care of yourself and take things one day at a time and not overdo it. You still however as always remain in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Please continue to keep us updated on how you are doing.

God Bless you and be with you as always Amy.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Rani Zemirah

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry I haven't been here in so long!  Somehow my new post notification for this, and a few other threads, had somehow been turned off...  But I finally found it again! 

I'm glad your doctor is still looking, and that you're getting some answers.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were just a case of anemia?  Even if there's more to it than that, at least getting more iron will make a difference in the way you feel!!!  I hope you start noticing a change right away, dear...   :)

Take care, hon!
Hugs and blessings,
Rani Z
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Celtic Lady

Amy, so happy to hear that you are starting to get some answers. I understand about tears of joy over poop.