News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feb 28th--who's coming?

Started by rengypsy, February 19, 2009, 10:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

I'd like to hear who's coming out to the Sherwood Forest Faire ground on Feb 28th...
and if you want anything specific other than an informal gathering.

Rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Queen Bonnie

I am coming!  I want a faire! LOL! I want it ALLL!  (Just jesting! )
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Master Benjamin

The lovely Lady Katherine and I are planning on being there the 28th as we had to forgo the Jan get together due to medical problems.
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***

Pascal

We'll be there -- will probably bring along in-laws who are visiting that weekend (but are regular faire-goers).  Missed the tour last time, looking forward to it this time!

*Teach*

I'm coming out to celebrate my Bday!

*Let the rum begin to flow...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Seryn

Drake and I will be there :)  I'm not sure if Amy will be joining us, but I intend to do my best to make her come with!

Oooh yay, birthday!!  Birthdays are fun.
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Thomas Eagle

Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

PyroMaster

I'm in. Gina's mom is not well, so she may miss this one too...
Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.

mpullen

rengypsy

sounds as if we will have three different ales on draft this saturday...microbrews (a stout and lager by star hill and a kolsch by flying dog)

hope many of you who have not responded will also make it out to the grounds of sherwood forest faire.

3pm, saturday, february 28th

rengypsy

Molden

Mebbe so...not sure yet, 'twill be an "executive decision" of th' last minute sort an all...
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

RenRobin

I think my brother and I may be coming out, dunno about the hubby.
Loki-terr (in training)

rengypsy

We will have a porta-pottie delivered on friday.

RenRobin

Quote from: rengypsy on February 25, 2009, 10:35:33 AM
We will have a porta-pottie delivered on friday.

Lemme be the first to say "HUZZAH!!!"
Loki-terr (in training)

Queen Bonnie

I second that huzzah- and raise you one!  Now that is real progress!  Thanks Rengypsy!!!
Wingardium Leviosa!

PyroMaster

Is the burn ban still on? Can we have a small fire circle?

Harbinger

I unfortunately will not be able to come out,
I was looking forward to coming out and meeting
everyone again, but somehow managed to pick
up a hole in my front tire, maybe I'll have it fixed
in time for the next one. Have a great time all

-James
BĂ©nigne Dauvergne Saint de Mars
Private First Class, Texas Musketeers
Rex Dolor, Malleus De Deus

rengypsy

i think the entire state of texas is still in burn ban.  enclosed fire as last time planned.  sigh.  but on the other hand, its 75 degrees out at 8pm tonite.

hard to imagine a portapottie is considered progress...but, i'll accept the encouragement from anyone for anything right now.

see all of you soon.

rengypsy

Queen Bonnie

It is supposed to be cooler and a bit windy this weekend. Perhaps a fire will feel good with temps going into the 30's Sat Night.
I'll be there!
Wingardium Leviosa!

*Teach*

Best laid plans...
It looks like I am not going to be able to make it out today as hoped.
I have been sick all week and today my wife came down with the same plaque I had (throwing up etc)
Hopefully we can get together on another date to set up where the shop will be built.
Have a few for me!
This faire will be one of the best... We all know it's coming

*Staying at home with my rum on my bday now*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Master Benjamin

We had planned on being there today, however after Lady Katherine saw her Dr this week she was advised to stay off her feet and not to walk very far due to her knee. Wish we could make it but both of us seem to be falling apart
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***

RenShirts

We were there and now I found the forum site - Love the Trees! www.renshirts.com
Later...Frank

rengypsy

so happy yall came.
hope you deceide to build a booth or pitch a tent and vend.

and a thousand thanks for everyone who attended.  great group.  made lots of contacts.  received more than a handful of apps.

want to make a couple of observations:

some of you are skeptical of my vision for bringing in 40k thru the front gates.  you judge your skepticism by past start up faires that struggle to break the 1000 mark.

i could be woefully optimistic and unrealistic.  but i ask each of you to examine our planning, our strategies thus far, our engagement of people, our distribution of literature, our methodical processes for building...our reluctance to promise you anything until all the permits are completed and in hand, etc.

i think most of you, honestly, will admit that this process is legit and thought through.  i think most of you will say that the "stir" or "buzz" among folk is strong.

in bryan college station and in austin already there is a fair amount of talk--not just from playtrons, but from folk out on the streets--not around a cauldron or flying a broom.

the power of the festival will be when the mundanes and playtrons merge into the forest a year from now.

another observation:  powerful stuff.  as i walked and talked to many of you this saturday, i was profoundly touched by the sense of ownership you have already taken to become a part of sherwood.  some of you who haven't even put in an application already have plans well in development.

allan, what you spoke of bringing to the faire was stellar.  thanks.

mark and gina, your spirit was very much felt.

mike and mike--you came with a desire to work and make your part felt.  you spent two hours cutting wood...just because you wanted to do something toward the construction of the faire. 

very powerful energies.

i applaud each of you and thank you for taking that "paint brush" i have mentioned so often and for starting to paint on the giant mural which will be transformed into sherwood forest faire within the year.

zane. lauren, tate...love yall. you are fantastic.

queen bonnie--even when you are incognito as the loud and rowdy ranger sneaking with clanks and clatters throught the woods, you bring a beautiful light to our tribe.

moondog--you have been a constant encouragement to me and i thank you.

and the minstril from college station who entertained us with song and music around our little fireplace this weekend--you were great.  i hope you continue to bathe us in your music and energies.

here i am struggling with something: here i am revealing a inner wrestling match in my psyche.  i am, by nature and determined philosophy of life, a realistic optimist.  i am an existentialist.  i have seen the negative, the cynicism, the evils and hardaches, the pessimism, etc. that permeates our world. i see the suffering and hurt that is all around us.  i know, i know.  and yet, i am choosing to believe in something better.

i am hoping that my own efforts and thoughts and ways of conducting my life and business and relationships will all be a part of evolutionarily moving the cosmic consciousness toward some higher peak.  thus, while i engage in debate and want to hear opposing views, i am not often interested in surrounding myself by negativism.  i believe in collective positivism.  not koolaide drinkers, but rather people who have a sense of tribe and community and have a common desire to make this passing experience one that is uplifting and positive.  being around such positive enegries just makes the hurt and suffering and pain all about us a bit more bearable. 

i have received a couple of correspondences that question whether i am dreaming...question the validity of some of my assumptions and projects, and then go on to question pretty much all possibilities of success of sherwood.  and, friends, i want to tell you--i bore of such people.  i am sure they are not from the same tribe.  when we climb mountaintops, there will always be those who choose to settle at the base and occasionally look up and criticism the fools who climb above them.

it's ok.  it is the path they have chosen.

but it is not the path i am on.

along this journey, we will extends ropes down to those who want to walk to the mountaintop with us.  at times, we will surely ask some of you to take the lead...as our bones have become weary.  but be certain that we will celebrate at the peak and drink our mead and break bread and sing around campfires in the coldest of winds . . . and we will look down at where we came from and we will loook across to the next mountain peak, taller, more challenging, and we will sit for season and relish in our accomplishments and warm ourselves in the love and encouragment of our tribe of mountainclimbers.  we will not criticize those who remained below. . . as there is little purpose in such activity. 

friends, nay-sayers, tribesmen, strangers...most don't know me.  you read my words, you see a bit of what we have done, but you do know me. 

i am not a dreamer.  i am a doer.  i surround myself with doers.  we pleasure in each other's company.  we drink and sing and dance and play hard.  we work harder than most.  and we believe that is an incredible experience-life-and that not moment should be lost: instead, we embrace it with both arms and we bathe ourselves in the energies of the universe--because, as a flash of consciousness (and that is what we are), we are energy ourselves.  and with our energies, we will build a beautiful faire.

peace friends, sisters and brothers...

rengypsy

RenRobin

Rengypsy,
You have a beautiful site and a beautiful vision.  My brother and I had a great time out there Saturday and got to meet several that were there.  We look forward to next year and helping to celebrate SWFF's grand opening!

RenRobin
Loki-terr (in training)

Queen Bonnie

I had a lovely time at Sherwood this past Saturday! I applaud your vision and positive attitude!  HUZZAH! I see in my crystal ball this faire will be wonderous and successful!
Grammercy for the food and hospitality! Tis a grand venture! Keep up the good work!
(And raspberries to the nay sayers! )LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!

PyroMaster

There will always be nattering nabobs that can only predict doom. I think these are just people that are afraid of success and live in the shadows where they can feed their own sense of mediocrity.

They are to be ignored.