News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faewen Saga: An Empire of Ash

Started by Drake Starsong, February 19, 2009, 11:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

" Protect Drake," I shout to Ayren," I'll take care of the Wretched ."  I transform in to my dragon form and raise up infront of them.  The Wretched's fire arrows  at be , but they only bounce  off of my heavy scaled skin.  They approach closer.  I swing my mighty long tail   and knock several of them down with one  swing.  Then i pounce on them with my crawls being drawn in by the smell of  flesh. I let out a roar and the remaining  Wretched creatures  flee for  their lives.

I turn back into my human form. I look around at bodies around me and begin to shake  and   run off into the woods.  Ayren who has been sitting with Drake, who has gained  conscious, sees me   run off.
"  I need to go to  my sister ," she  says  to Drake  and  Derlin.

Ayren finds me pacing back and forth  .
  " Alanna, talk to me," she  says  to me.
  " What got into to me back there," I cry out," Did you see what i did back there. I killed those creatures  , and then I almost ate  them.  What kind of creature am I ?"
  " You are part dragon," Laughs Ayren," Dragon's eat meat ."
  " This is not funny," I remark back,"  I am not a killer.  What could happen next time ? I want no part of this.  I want to go  home...... "
  " This is our home  ?" replies Ayren.
  "You mean it was our home," I remark back," Look around you Ayren. Everything is in ruins. There is nothing left ."
   " Come with me,"  says  Ayren. She grabs my hand.  We hiked for  quite a ways up a huge mountain.
   "Where are we going ?"  I demand.
  " You will see when we get to the top," answers Ayren. I look up at the mountain. It is very tall and we are only half way up.
  " Way up there!" I exclaim," Do you see how high it is up there ?  We will be killed. Besides i am afraid of heights  ."
  " A dragon who is afraid of heights," laughs Ayren.
  " You see how high it is up there ," I remark back.
    " Find,I'll go without you ,"   replies Ayren  walking off.
   " and now we know who the stubborn  and  crazy  sister is," I shout after her. ;D ;D ;D

Ayren keeps walking. I let out a sigh and  a grumble and  then say," Wait. I know  a easier and  safer way. You are forgetting dragons  can fly."
  I tranform into a dragon and  say to her,"  Climb on my back ."
  She climbs on .
  " I wonder why if we are both twins," i say to her," That I have dragon powers and you don't.  Anyway where are we going  ?"
   "  They say our homeland is just over that mountain. So far i have only made it half way up the mountain on my own  without almost falling," replies Ayren.
   " And you wanted both of us  to climb all the way to the top ! "  I remark.
  " I was going to let you go first," teases Ayren.
  " Umm..remember sis, that you are on my back, and that i could   knock you off at any momment,"  I replie  with  a laugh.
  " Ah, but i got you to laugh,"  smiles Ayren.
   " Yes, you did sis," I replie," Thankyou ."
    Ayren gives me  a big hug . 

" Sisters  forever," I say to her.
   " Sisters  forever," Ayren replies back.
   " Good," I say to her," Then you must do what i ask of you.  You should marry Drake, not I. I see how  he looks  at  you."
  " But Derlin has  said  for  the prophecy to work, Drake must marry you. "
   " Yes, he mentioned something about us both sharing dragon blood ,but still Drake cares for you. I have seen the look in his eyes."
  We fly for  a  ways...
   " I got it !" I shout," Drake  will just have to marry both of us.  What is  wrong with two wives. ?"
     " Oh he is  going to love  that  ," laughs Ayren. ;D ;D ;D
    " What, we both look alike, and act alike in certain ways. He can marry both of us, unless someone has  a better idea . and besides   what man alive  in sound  mind, would not want to be married  to two gorgeous, loving, caring,  twin  sisters." ;D ;)

Ayren interupts me," Look !"  she points ahead.  I look ahead, and standing in a mist of  clouds and fogs  stands what once must have been a magnificent castle.  It walls and  windows battered by  war, but it still stands  a  signal of hope  for  us  all.How can i leave here.
  " Do you think it is ?" I say to Ayren
    " Our home  ?" asks Ayren," I think it is ."
   " Our  home," I say with  a tear in  my eye.
   " Still want to go back where you came from?" Ayren asks me.
   " No !" i replie," This was our home,  and will be our home again.Faewen will be  once more. Come lets go get the others  ."

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Dracconia

When we reach the others I check on Drake and find him well, sore and confussed but well. As Alanna tells the others of what we saw I slip quietly into the forest and back to my camp. Once there I pack away the few things I have. As I am gathering things I see again the package given to me on my 16th birthday. It contains my mothers robes, an amulet and a ring. They came to me when I gained the powers passed to the eldest. I sigh a heavy sigh and gather the package and a few things I will need. As I make my way to the river I hum an acient tune of peace and safety unconciously weaving Alanna and the others into its protective net. I strip down and slip into the water, scrubbing myself of all dirt and filth. When I emegre onto the bank I don my mothers dark emerald day robes. The skirts are split, indecently, and I can't imagine why until I find the black breeches and don them as well. The silver inlay gives the garment a mystic air. I slip the amulet around my neck and the ring upon my finger.

At once I am asleep, my body lying on the forest floor, my spirit soaring.

When I awake I have memories of a talk with my mother. I lift myself up and stand...as I do my hair tumbles to the small of my back...2 feet longer than it had been, I walk slowly to the waters edge and look at my reflection. My hair, once red and unruly, was now a deep red with bursts of flame, falling all the way to the small of my back...when the sun hit me it looked as if I was cast in flames. My eyes, once green and warm, were now slanted slightly, two pools of emerald silk you could fall into forever. I was slightly smaller about the waist and felt lighter on me feet...my senses were even more keen than before...and I somehow knew without looking that there was an emerald dragon tattooed across my back...

I took a deep breath and began to hum a song that started in my heart and summoned that green dragon. When she landed beside me she bowed low and said, "Tis an honor to serve the daughter of our late Queen, you will be a fine Queen in her stead. Call upon me if ever you have need"

I looked at her and said, "I thought you were all gone...except the black dragon and Alanna..."

"Your sister is the only human or elf that we know of that can still shift tis true, but we dragons are still very much alive...and you, are our Queen. We answer to you for you have followed in the footsteps of your mother. There is but one step you must take. Marry your heart to the heart of a love which the world has never seen. Find the one that completes your very essense. He will be your King. Once you find him, we can bring you and your sister to full power...."
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Drake Starsong

The dizziness finally subsides, but when I look straight ahead I see two people looking down on me. Two complete strangers I've never seen, yet feel as I know.

"Greetings son," Says the woman. "You look well..we knew you would return to your home one day."

I stare blankly ahead of myself. "What is in the air here..." I mumble.

"This city is magical," replies the man.

"This city is dead," I say back.

"Far from dead my son. The city is nealy dormant, the new queen is almost ready to take her place, and it will be your place to protect her, with your heart, and your body."

"We have brought a gift for you Belariel, you will need it in your journey's ahead."

The images of the two in front vanish and I suddenly feel different. I stand up and head towards the radiant pool. As I head in the vacinity I notice Ayren talking to a dragon. I cannot hear whats being said, but after 2 minutes of watching, the dragon turns to my direction and roars.

"Come out mortal! Show yourself!"

I step into view and she dragon steps back a bit and lowers its head.

"I..I am sorry my lord, I did not know it was you..."

Ayren looks up to the dragon, "Why do you call him your lord?"

"My Queen...he has the Aura of Faewen all around him, he is the man meant to rule the kingdom along yourside..."

Ayren and I both turn a shade of red for a few moments, unsure what to say. I finally step forward to Ayren and the dragon bows once more and flies away.

"Ayren, I know who I am...My real name is Belariel. My mother and father told me my heart and body are yours. I knew there was a connection. I only wish I could of talked to them longer. From this day forth I will never let anything hurt you."

I make a step closer until I can feel Ayrens breath on my neck, I put my arms around her and look into her eyes.

"Something is different about you Drake...I mean..Belariel...you seem stronger, your heart..seems more..open..."

I try not to smile to much as I look into the eyes of a woman I barely know, yet have known half of my life. I love her.

"You have changes as well...you look even more beautiful and even stronger..you will be a great queen."

Ayren leans in and kisses me softly then pulls away and smiles. I go in and kiss her again, enveloping her in my arms. We fall gently to the ground and kiss as the world spins around us.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

I come upon the two love birds, and give a little fake cough, and say," If you two are done, we should be making a move on before  dark  to the  castle."
  " Alanna,we nedd to talk," Drake says to me.
" No need Drake," I say to him," You are forgetting that Ayren and I are twins. I can feel  the emotions  she feels for you and they are very strong.I am happy for you both .Plus i don't think you were the one I was meant to marry.  It is obvious i have dragon bllod  in me, which you do not, atleast as far as we know. So should I not be marrying a  fellow dragon instead?  Anyway, I am going to scout ahead, let me know when you two are ready ."

Dracconia

*I brush myself off and begin to follow Alanna.*

"We should go" I say quietly. I begin to follow Alanna...thoughts swimming in my head...I turn to Drake and gaze at him before saying,

"Look, I was born to rule Faewen, this is my home, my duty and my heart...if you want to love me...alright, but know that if Faewen fights, I fight, if Faewen wins, as do I and if Faewen dies...then my heart will stop as well. I won't be some damsel in distress all the time...so if you think you can deal, let's go."

I turn and give a call, instantly my dragon has appeared.

"Friend, what is your name?" I ask.

"You could not proncue it in your toungue my Lady, so feel free to call me what you wish"

I look at her and nod, "Then I will call you Siorai. This means life in my ancent tongue..."

Siorai nods in agreement before replying, "My Lady, My Lord we should press on..your sister can fly and I beside her...she will carry the old man...I would be honored to carry you both."

I look to Drake as I mount Siorai and say, "Well...can you handle this?"
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Drake Starsong

I pick up my bow and put it around my shoulder.

"I've been ready for this my entire life, you need not treat me like a child"

I step forward and jump onto the dragons back
Yo ho Yo ho!

Dracconia

I laugh out loud at his response!

"I meant can you handle me Drake...."

I giggle as Soirai flys away...
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Dracconia on February 27, 2009, 12:01:07 AM
I laugh out loud at his response!

"I meant can you handle me Drake...."

I giggle as Soirai flys away...

Rofl.  Now that is  a loaded  question....rofl....and watch how you respond  to that sir, or else  we  may get bumped  to John's Inn.

Lady Amy of York

Suddenly my keen dragon senses pick up something near by...a  sound...and  then a scent...
"  We  are being followed ,"  I say to the others,"  It is not human,nor is it a  animal.  Derlin, hang on tight and lay low on my back, I'm going in for  a closer look ."   I fly ahead of  the others, and spot a small army of strange , ominous looking creatures.
" Derlin, what are they ?' I say to him.
" Orcs," says Derlin," We best nedd to warn the others. Alanna, concentrate.. focus on your mind..you can communicate  with Ayren."
  I do what Derlin  tells me  to do, aand i telepath a message  to Ayren.
  " Now lets take on some Orc's  shall we ?"  I say to Derlin. I lunge ahead at the Orc army, shooting flames of fire, and ripping and tearing apart with my claws, and whacking with  my huge  tail. I dive, and shoot more flames, and i discover new dragon powers and  strength i never knew i had.

Lady Amy of York

I manged to defeat the small band of Orcs on my own.   
" That is the last of them, for now," says Derlin,"  They appeared to be looking for something ."
I go to lay down for a  a few minutes to rest. I start to lay down, when i notice a large stone laying on the ground.  It seems to have some kind of crptic  code on  it.  I point it out Derlin.
" No, it can't be !" exclaims Derlin picking up the stone," This would explain what the Orcs were doing here. This must have been after this ."
" What is it ?" i ask Derlin.
" This is the Tablet of Destinies. Who ever posesses this tablet has  the power to control the  world  around us ."
" We need to destroy it then," I say to him," Before it falls in the wrong hands ."
" No it is mine," hisses Derlin at me.
This tablet must have powers of it's own  which are posessing Derlin.
" Derlin, please pout down the tablet."
  " No, it is mine, mine, mine..and you can not have ," Derlin shouts  and leaps  away from me.
  " Please Derlin," i beg
" No, my tablet, you may not have..mine..mine...mine...."
  " Derlin, this tablet is making you go mad. Please don't make me have to use my powers on you ."

Dracconia

I draw an arrow as Drake and I sit perched upon Soirai. The arrow is thinner than most and has a dull head. I shoot true into the small of Derlin's back. Seconds after it hits Derlin is in a dead sleep.

"Alanna destroy the tablet! We must keep moving."

Alanna picks up the tablet crushes it in one swift motion.

As night begins to fall I ask Soirai where it is best to sleep for the night.

Her reply catches me by surprise me, "With my family in Th'rum....we would be honored to have you and yours M'Lady"

I agree and we shift towards Th'rum.

The scene that greets us is magnificent.....high in the mountians grand caves lay everywhere, and in every cave is a dragon of a different size and color...it is as if every jewel ever none and many never seen had received its color from the scales of one of these dragons. As Soirai flew in every dragon let out a roar of pleasure. When she landed, she landed in front of the largest pair of dragons. As Drake and I slipped off her back all the dragons kneel forward....Alanna landed behind us and looked around, her eyes wide with questions...thankfully she holds her tongue for once.

"Welcome my Queen," rumbles the deep red dragon before me. "We have long awaited your return. I am Sarabi, Mother Queen to the Dragons, this is my mate, Mu'faza, Father King. We declare our allegiance to you our Queen of the Light, Ayren, True Mother Queen of Faewen."

As her speech ends all the dragons echo her pledge with an ending roar of pleasure into the night sky.

As I look about I nod to each dragon in turn and reply, "I thank you. It is an honor to have such marvelous ones as you to have as mine own. I am truly and deeply moved by the faith you show in me. I make this my vow, you will not regret the day you swore allegiance to me. Any who are enemies of yours are enemies of mine and they shall rue the day they first saw Faewen."

I turn to Soirai and ask, "Is there somewhere my compaions and I may clean up and lie down for the night? It has been a long day."

She nods and leads us down a long corridor into one of the caves, the doors on ethier side are marked in a language I vaugley recall. We turn right and before us is a bathing hall and two bedrooms.

"Alanna your room is to the right, M'Lord, M'Lady your room is to the left...please feel free to make use of everything. The old man has been taken to the hospital to assure that no marks remain from the tablet. Dinner will be brought to you." And with that she was gone....

"I am taking a bath" I mutter and head off to the room to see what I can find...inside is an evening dress of light linen, it is a pale green with silver inlays, I pick it up along with other neccesties and head off to the baths..once emerged in the water I lie back and let the heat work away all the cramps a day of riding can leave. As I begin to wash my hair my mind drifts....thoughts of Drake come to mind and I smile...I dry of quickly and dress...I towel dry my hair and allow it to hang down to my waist, as I make it through the corridor I see many works of art I stop to admire them and notice Drake coming in from another of the baths...he has on tan breeches and his chest is bare, I watch him as he towels off his hair...one droplet of water running down his chest...I turn my head until he has entered the room and follow suit a few minutes later...

I sit on the bed until he notices me and I say softly,
"You never answered my question....can you handle me and my wild ways...or are you looking for a damsel?"
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Drake Starsong

I finish rubbing my hair dry and I sit next to Ayren

"I can handle anyway you decide to be, I know fate may say I'm to love you, but I really do love you. I've felt this connection for a long time. Theres nothing you can do to change that. If you need to rely on my strength..I will be there. But I know you better than that, you are strong willed and not weak in the least. As Queen you cannot afford to be weak. Neither can I"

I put my hand on Ayrens lap and smile, I lay back hitting my head to the pillow and stare up at the ceiling.

"Don't doubt me..please. If you doubt me, that will only hamper our journey ahead. I need to to trust me with everything. As I trust you. I know your strong, but even the strongest of beings need help every now and then, and I will be right there by your side through all of this."

"I know you will be..I never said I didn't trust you," replies Ayren.

I just smile, and run my hand up and down the small of Ayrens back as I gaze to the left out the window, into stars hanging above like a protective canopy above us.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Dracconia

I look down at Drake as his hand runs along my back and smile....I turn to him and lie down next to him with my head on his chest...

"I trust you with everything..." I murmmur softly....

I lie there content to spend forever there...and giggle when Drakes arms come around me and pull me closer....we kiss softly, than deeply, than deeper still and fall lost to the world...knowing only each other.

PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Drake Starsong

I lay perfectly content, I know I should fall asleep as Ayren already has, but I have so much on my mind. Can I really protect her when the time comes? I would give me life for her. YES I can do it...

I then drift off to sleep with the warmth of my love in my arms
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

Derlin has returned from the hospital, feeling his old self  again.  He summons Ayren Drake  and  I  to come  meet with him.
" I appologise for  my actions last night. You now know that there are forces of  evil around  that will do anything to destroy  the FOUR  of  you and  keep  Faewen from being  reborn."

" Four of us ?" I asked," But there are only three of us standing before you, unless you are including yourself ."

" No, "replies Derlin," excluding myself  there will be  FOUR of  you."

We all  look at Derlin with a puzzled look on our faces.

" There will be two kings  and  two  queens. 
   Ayren and Drake  will rule over the elven kingdom.
  Alanna  and her king will rule over  the dragons.
  Together you shall join forces  and  rid Faewen of evil and  rule  Faewen together   ."

" So you agree that Ayren and Drake are meant to be, for when we first started this journey you told me i was to marry Drake, which i will not for i see the love that Ayren and  Drake have  for  each other and would  never try to come  between them."  I say.

" That was before I knew Ayren was  still alive,"explains Derlin," No, Ayren and  Drake  are the meant to marry each other. They will rule the elven land  of Faewen.  They will bear many children, and their children will be  the future of  the elven  kingdom. "

I smile at my sister  as Derlin tells us  this.

" And you Alanna," Derlin  continues,' will rule the dragon  kingdom of Faewn along with  your mate, and bear many children as  well  ."

" This mate of mind ?" I say to Derlin,"Will  he be human or  dragon  ?"

" He will be like  you, part human, part dragon, part elf ."

"  Sounds good," i say to Derlin," but i am sorry, I can not marry.  I will never  marry ." I   replie.

" What !" shouts Derlin," But you must  ."

" No!," I exclaim fighting back the tears," I can't go thru that  pain again, I  will never marry  ."  I  run off to my room  in tears.

Ayren runs after me.  I throw myself on  my bed and  began  to sob.

" Alanna talk to me," says  Ayren," What are you really hiding.  I can tell since  this journey started you have  been angry, and full of  pain. I have  afeeling that is not the  real Alanna. I think the real Alanna, is loving  , carefree and  full of life. So why so much anger and  pain ?"

" I suppose you would  find out eventually," I say to her," I was once  betrothed before. He was handsome, kind,   caring, strong, and  loving. A good  man. He  was  a brave  and  loyal  knight . We were very much in love, and he asked  for my hand  in marraige  and i accepted. But shortly after our engagement he was  sent away on  amission  and  he  never returned.  My heart was broken  that day, and I vowed  never to marry  again. When Derlin told  me about  Faewn and  how i was  to come her and  marry and  rule  as  dragon queen, I was reluctant  to come, but i knew i had to do it  for  my  people,  plus i thought it would help me to get over my pain..  But when i got here the pain was  still here, and i can't get rid of it. For how  do you mend  a broken heart ?  How  do you  love  again ?"