News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faewen Saga: An Empire of Ash

Started by Drake Starsong, February 19, 2009, 11:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

" Alanna," says Ayren," I am so sorry, but i am glad that you finally confided in me, for that is what sisters are for "

" Yes," I agree," I am glad I told  you, and  we must pledge now  to never  keep secrets  from each other ."

" Agreed,"  says Ayren.

We hug each other.  I weep  a bit more and  Ayren sits and hold me in her arms. After having a good  cry, and letting  go of  my  pain  I  turn  to her and  say,

" So i guess   we will be planning a wedding soon," I say to Ayren with a smile," For you and  Drake  are to marry and  rule  the  elven kindgom have many children,<giigle > acoording to Derlin.  Just don't ask me  to babysit  them all ."

We both start laughing. It is wonderful  to sit and laugh with  my sister and just talk  girl stuff.

" You will be busy chasing your own children around," Ayren reminds  me," Derlin did say you were to rule  the  dragon  kingdom and   bear many children ."

" Thanks for reminding me," i say to her whacking her with a pillow.  We  whack each other back and  forth with the pillows, laughing like  crazy, until there are feathers all around.

" I 'll clean this up later," i say to Ayren hoping off the  bed .

" Where you going ?"  she  aks  me.

" Well since i am to marry, and  rule  the dragon kingdom, and  bear many children  I thought i would  go and  check out the  male  dragons  around  here,"  I replie   with a laugh.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Drake Starsong

I walk to the room Ayren and Alanna retreated to, only to find them enjoying themselves immensely. I stand in the doorway and cross my arms and shake my head.

Alanna notices me right away and yells out, "What are you shaking your head at?" she grabs a pillow and throws it at me.

"There I am, fast asleep with Ayren in my arms, only to wake up alone and find you two having the time of your lives and laughing and probably at my expense I gather."

Ayren laughs and shrugs her shoulders in silent agreement. Another pillow flies my way and I hear a sound from behind me.

"OOOOF! WHO THREW THAT!?" says a small voice.

I turn and see a man on the floor with the pillow in his lap, I try not to laugh and point to Ayren. Ayren then gives me a look that probably will involve pain in my near future.

"I've come to summon you to the Grand Hall by Lord Wetherby."

"Lord Wetherby?" I ask.

"Yes, he has been leading our people, the survivors of Faewen until the true Lords and Ladies returned."

Alanna and Ayren jump up and head towards the door.

"No need in making him eh sister?" Says Alanna.

"No need at all!" Responds Ayren.

Both push me out of the way and giggle as they pass. I stand up and follow behind them down a long corridor. Finally we come to a large arched doorway and the man opens the door and beckons us in. As we enter the size of the room engulfs us and hundreds of humans, elves, half-breeds, and dragons all look to us and all falls silent. At the end of the room a man stands up and begins walking towards us.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, let us welcome the real leaders of Faewen, the ones who will lead us back to glory!"

Everyone stands and a deafening cheer consumes the room. I know not what to say or do, I just stand in awe, and from Ayren and Alanna's silence, I would say they feel the same.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Dracconia

I stand tall as I look at my people...and I feel Drake come to stand on my other side...as he takes my hand cheers errupt...for ontop of our heads crowns of ivy and light have appeared...

"My Lady" says the man in front of us as he kneels...."My Queen"

The room follows suit whispering "My Lord and Lady, King and Queen" until only Drake, Alanna and I are left standing...

I open my lips and a song forms on my tongue...I stand and sing the song of life into the room...the old weep with remeberance and the young weep with joy...as I sing the ivy and light wraps itself around mine and Drakes  arm...tieing us together...a hand fasting...

Lord Weatherby jumps up and proclaims..."Faewen has married you! You shall be our mother and father as the Ancient Mother has proclaimed it so!"

I look to Drake and whisper..."Looks like you go sucked into a wedding night early"
I giggle but everything in me quakes with fear
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Drake Starsong

I can feel Ayren shaking, I can sense a small hint of unease in her laughter. I squeeze her hand gently, and when she looks up at me I smile and kiss her softly on the lips.

"There's nothing you will have to face alone, Faewen will be restored, and it will be great," I say.

We both look to Alanna and she smiles and we all hug one another, the people of Faewen haven't felt hope in a long time.

"It's time we brought our people and our home back to greatness, and nothing will stop us," Alanna says with a smile.

Ayren and I nod and continue to hold each other amongst the cheers that surround us.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Dracconia

Later that evening as Drake and I ready for bed. We discuss the evening's events....

Why are you afraid of ruling Faewen? Drake asks as he pulls off his boots

I sigh as I pull the last pins out of my hair and murmmur...

I'm not afraid of ruling Faewen...I'm afriad of this...of us...of being a wife...tonight...

Drake stands as he finally understands...he pulls me into his arms as he murmmurs....

You don't have to face this alone either
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Drake Starsong

The look on Ayrens face eases up a bit after I tell her that. I pull her in tightly as can be.

"Tonight lets me husband and wife, tomorrow we will begin what we are destined to do. Together, for I will never leave your side."

I lay Ayren down onto the bed and kiss her softly on her neck, she smiles and pulls me in closer. Something special happened this night, something that bonded our hearts together. I no longer feel doubt, only reassurance of what we are meant to do and how strong my love really is.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Dracconia

Hours later I lay wrapped in Drakes arms...loving the feel of his arms holding me tight....I lay back and listen to him breathing...loving each second of this...needing to feel him always..

mother don't let me mess this up

I whisper to the dark....

Drake pulls me in close and murmmurs...you aren't messing anything up...now kiss me...wife...

I smile as our lips meet and my heart melts
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Lady Amy of York

I  stand outside  my sister's  bedroom window.   I take  the note  I had  wriiten  and  wrap it around  a   arrow  and  then   shhot  the  arrow  and  send  it flying  thru  my sister's  window.

Drake  spots  the  arrow  flying thru the open window.

"  what in the  world  !" he  remarks.

" There is  a message  attached  to it,"  says  Ayren grabbing  the paper and  reading it. She  begins  to  blush.

"  what does it say ?" asks  Drake.

"  It is  from Alanna,"  replies  Ayren,"  Dear sister, remember  that being  that we are both twins, not only   can i read your  thoughts, but i can sense  what  you are feeling.  So it must of been  some   heck of  a  wedding  night sis   !  " ;D

Dracconia

I bolt up...grabing my robe as I fly to the window....ALANNA!

She giggles a bit...

"For the love of pete leave us alone tonight of all nights!"

Alanna laughs and runs off....I stand by the window suddenly realizing...I don't know how to face my husband...in my bed....
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Drake Starsong

I crawl out of bed and head over to Ayren. I pick her up and carry her back to the bed. I gently set her down and peel back her robe.

"There's no need to be scared of this my love."

I take Ayrens hand in mine and place it over my heart.

"Feel that?" I ask. "This is how my heart is every time I think of you. It only beats for you, and always will...until the last breath leaves my body. You will not loose me, nor will we fail as long as we are together."

Ayren smiles and pulls me in for a kiss. We spend several hours making love to one another until we fall fast asleep in each others arms.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

<I sit  in the garden overlooking the  small pond. I stare at my reflection  in the pond.>
  Who am I   ?    That is  a question, I  find  I can not answer.  I thought I was  a princess living in a beautiful castle,  with two loving parents, but then i find out they are not my real parents. Oh , but i do miss  them   though, they were the only true  family   I ever had.
    But what about Ayren, she is  my sister.  yes, we are twins  and  i  share  a bond  with  her, but yet, I hardly  know   her.   I  don't  know  any of this  land  I  am   to rule  along  with  my sister.  I  know  i have  been raised  to be  a queen  someday  and i have  had all the  proper training, but   tthat was  before i found  out  I  was part dragon and  elf   too, and i was  to rule   the dragon kingdom.
   A  dragon !  me  a dragon.   I had always thought dragons,  to   be  mean ugly  creatures,  that kidnapped  beautiful  princesses  like  me.    Now  i  find  myself  being   one.
  <  I  gaze  at  my reflection  >
   I am a  beautiful as    human,  do i dare   see what i look at  as  a  dragon.
  < i transform  myself  into a dragon  and  stare in the pond >
    Not bad,  for   a dragon  I guess.       Sigh.  This  all still seems  so  unreal  to me.
   I ahve  left  a land  that  was   my home  to  come  here to a unfamiliar  land  that was  supposedly  my  birthland.   I have  so  much  to learn   and  discover.   Thankgoodness  Derlin  has been  teaching me  to use  my  powers, but still......
     Do i want  to  be  a  dragon,  do i want  to be  part elf...  I  don't  know....
What i do know  is that  even though  i felt lied  to and  betrayed   I  miss  my  adoptive  parents.    I must ask derlin if  there is  anyway i can  make  contact  with  them.
    Derlin, my dear teacher, ah, but  he  has also kept many secrets  from me.  How  much  do i really  trust  him.
        Yes, i must make  contact  gain with  my adoptive  parents,  and  keep  my gaurd up  around  Derlin.
   I  must learn  more  about  my sister.      My  sister, who is now happily married  to  Drake.  atleast one of us  has  found  happiness .
  <  Saddness  falls  over  me, and  i feel   a  pain  in  my heart .  I think of  the  one  I  was  betrothed  to.>
  Oh  my  love  where are you ?  WhY  did you leave me  and  never return.  My heart still aches  for  you. 
   I can't keep pretending anymore.   I  tried  to   act happy before in  my bedroom with Ayren, I tried  to erase  the  pain, but  I  can't.

< Derlin approaches  me >

"   Why so  sad  child   on  such  a happy occasion ?"

" Just thinking of  someone   I  loved  dearly  ."

< I look at  Derlin, and  a  thought crossed  my  mind >

" Derlin, since  you seem  to know  so much  perhaps  you  know  why  the  man i  was  betrothed  to, left  and  never returned. "

"   Yes, i know  why ,"  says  Derlin

" Tell me," I  demand.

"  very well," says  Derlin,"   I  sent  him away."

" You !  You !  "  I shout, " Why? why  would  you do such  a  thing ?"

"  He  had  a  destiny  to fill  just  like  you,"  answers    Derlin.

"  That is  still no  excuse,"  i shout at  him,"  we  were in love, and  you....  you.....  what  did  you  say  to him..what did you tell him.....?"

"  i told  him the  turth about  you ,"  replies  Derlin.

"  You had  no  right  ! "  i shout,"  i should have  been  the one to tell him, no  you, although i did  not  know  the  turth  did   I, thanks  to you and  your  lies  and  secrets.  Tell me  one  reason, why i should      even  trust you  anymore   ."

" I did  what I  did   so  the  prophecy  would  be   filled    ."  says  Derlin.

"  You and  your prophecies," i shout at him," You have  destroyed  the only life  i ever known. I  will never speak  to you gain.  i  do not  trust  you  no  more.     Please  say  goodbye  to  Ayren  and  Drake     for me  ."

"  Where are  you  going   ?"  shouts    Derlin  after  me.

"  Home ,"  I shout  back.

"  But  this  is your  home ,"  Derlin   says  to me.

" No !" I shout  back,"  This  is just another  one  of  your  lies  and  tricks  . I am  not falling  for  it anymore. "

"  what about  Ayren ?'  aks  derlin.

"  she  has  Drake     now ,"  I  replie,"  Or  do  you plan  to  tear  them  apart  too  ?"

"  What about  the  Black Dragon, you saw  for  yourself  what he is  capable  of  doing ?"

" I'm sorry,  bbut i am not listening to you no  more.  You have  caused me  enough   heartache   and  pain, and  liek  i  have  already  said  i   don't know  what  to belive  anymore. "   

<  I  take off in the  sky ,  ready to  return home  to  the only home  i ever  knew  > 

Dracconia

I wake in Drake's arms...

"Alanna" I jump up and begin to dress...turning to see my husband watching..

"Running away already love?" He asks, his eyes wary...

"Never" I lean in to kiss him slowly, "Alanna needs me...and I need you to gather the men and women who have been ruling Faewen...we need to know who is living here, what they do and so forth...farmers, smiths, bakers, merchants...and such..do we have weapons, do we have supplies...and does anyone else know our land lives? I will be back"

I hum a low tune and Siorai is there...I leap out the window and onto her back and we take off in persute of Alanna.
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Drake Starsong

I jump out of bed and start getting dressed. Suddenly a knock comes and I yell to come in. In walks a small boy and he bows.

"Lord Belerial, Lord Wetherby told me to bring you a gift, a gift that belonged to your father," says the boy.

Suddenly four more men walk in, carrying a chest. They place the chest before me and the boy comes up behind me and lifts up my arms.

"Your father was a Guardian, the greatest in Faewen's history. This was the armor he wore protecting the old King and Queen. Wetherby would like you to have it and we shall dress you. My Lady says you have much work ahead of you today and she asked me to assist you and make sure you stay on track."

I roll my eyes at the thought, but I don't argue, it's probably better of this way. The 4 men start dressing me in armor. The armor is dark blue with pearl white lining on the edges. After equipping my armor I'm handed a sword. It's all so light weight, I can move and swing the sword like its nothing. Something doesn't feel right yet...I walk over to the opened dresser and pull out a dark green cloak, I throw it over my back and put on my quiver and toss my bow over my shoulder, much better.

"Well lets get going I guess. Whats your name boy?" I ask.

"Stuart my Lord," replies the boy.

"Stuart, I need some documents. If they don't exist then we need them made. I need a directory of all the Faewen survivors and their trades. We are going to rebuild Faewen. Also I need any able bodied men who can fight to report to me in the training hall in 6 hours time."

Stuart bows and leaves the room with the 4 other men.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Dracconia

As I fly out in search of Alanna Siorai begins to share her memorries with me...hatching, her first hunt, her first flight, her first...well we skipped that memmory.

Sio'rai, if my sister doesn't want the crown...what will we do?
I ponder aloud.

Well, My Queen, you are the grand Queen, if your sister decides not to take her place than she can go off to find her love and life...she will always be welcome here...we will answer to you as we do now.

I nodd as we turn and see Alanna flying in front of us...

Alanna, it's Ayren, come on let's talk...

When I receive no answer from my sister's mind I sigh and turn back to home...

My Lady when she is ready to talk she will talk, let her go home...you have a new husband and a kingdom to run....let's see what this King of yours has accomplished...we've been gone half a day..let us return...we shall be there by nightfall
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Lady Amy of York

I fly for what seems for  hours.  All around me   the land is  scorched  and burn.  This is what we are suppose to be fighting for, this is what I am to rule. There is nothng here.    I  continue  to ly, eager  to get back to the home  where I grew up.
  I start to tire. Just a little  furthur  and then i will stop to rest.  I fly thru some thick clouds and  when i get thru them, I look around and raising out of  the ashes  and scorched ground, are small trees  and  flowers  in bloom. I decide  to land  and look  around.  A smal bird lands near by. I lokk at  the  delicate  flowers  blooming in the scorch ground.

Then I hear a voice ,
  " Look around you Alanna. Look at  the flowers. They were once suffering, but have  found  strength  to live .  You have  that strength too Alanna. "

"  Who are you?" I call out," Your voice, your voice sounds familiar ."

A ghostly image of  a woman appears before me  and  says ,
   " Alanna, my child  ."

" Mother," I cry out kneeling before her," It can't be ."

" It is I child ," the  ghostly woman says  approaching me.

I begin to weep.

" Hush now child, there is no need to weep  ."

" Oh mother, if  you only knew ."

" But i do know  daughter.I have never left you or  Ayren. Although i may not be  able  to be with you in the flesh, my spirit has  never left your  side.  I watch over you both  from the heavens  above . I have seen what you have  been thru, and I must admit i don't eactly approve of  all of Derlin's tactics  and how you dicoverd  the  truth, but i do know he has you best interest  and  the interest of Fawen in  his heart.  He was  adear friend  to me, and would never do anything to hurt you or Ayren >"

"  He sent the man i love  away ," I replie.

" I know," says my mother," But i also know  that your heart will love  again Alanna.  You may not belive  me  right now,but you will find  true love  once  again .  Go back to Faewen. "

" But...." i replie.

" Ayren maybe  the  grand  queen, but Faewen needs both of you  as  queen . Only when you both rule  together  will you be able  to fight  the  forces of evil  and  bring  peace  back  to the kingdom.  Faewen nedds you Alanna. If not  for  your  people,  then do it  for  your  father and  I.  Revenge our deaths  and  make  us  proud  daughter ."

"  I will mother,"  I say to her.

" That 's   my girl," smiles  my mother," Now  dry  thoose  tears.  You have  been hurting and  grieving long enough. it is  time  for  a fresh start."

" Yes mother," i say  to her.

She begins  to walk away.

" Wait, mother. Please  don't  leave  me. I  need you."

" I will always  be  watching over you    Alanna, and  your  sister too."

" Will i ever  see you again  ?"  I ask, fighting back  the  tears.

" Someday," my mother replies, and  turns  and kises me on the  forehead.

I reach out for  her hand.

" I love you mother ."   

She slowly fades  away.

" No mother..please  don't go ."   

I sit there , fighting back the tears, and taking in what my mother said  to me.  I  stand up and  take  to the  sky.     Time  to go home  where i belong.

" Ayren, Drake, Faewen,I'm  coming home,"  I shout.