News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faewen Saga: An Empire of Ash

Started by Drake Starsong, February 19, 2009, 11:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Starsong

In the training hall I work as diligently as I can. Wetherby's personal Guardians and some of the finest Arcanists in the land accompanied me and are helping with my training.

Four hours straight I and many of the soldiers battled, each one of us bent on becoming stronger, each for his or her own reason. Mine is to protect the love of my life, Ayren.

Wetherby calls a break and orders in food for us. Everyone has a seat, except me. I continue to work on my sword and arcana. I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn to see Wetherby with a serious look on his face. Ayren has arrive back in the castle and is standing behind Wetherby, but due to his size I cannot see her.

"Why do you strain yourself so much my boy?" He asks.

"I cannot, and I will not let anything happen to Ayren as long as I'm alive. In order to protect her and the people of Faewen I must become the strongest I can," I reply.

"But you are already strong, strong of mind and of the heart," Wetherby adds in.

"Yes, this may be true, but a heart and mind alone cannot win a war," I say.

Wetherby starts to turn, but stops and looks back to me.

"I noticed your priorities seem to be Ayren before the rest of your people and your home."

"If Faewen turned into ash and blew into the wind, and all of its people had to move on for good. I could live with that. If anything happened to Ayren, my will to live would turn to ash itself, and blow away into the wind."

I notice Wetherby move quickly towards me, I'm unsure why but suddenly I grow faint and the world around me turns black.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Dracconia

I rush to Drake's side and call the men to help me carry him to our bed chambers.

"And for you as well...no one over trains..or pushes himself to hard...you are all worthless to me and to Faewen if you get yourself sick!" I stand in front of the warriors as they kneel,

"Yes M'Lady" the murmmur in unison.

"Now go home to your wives and families, we will continue on the morrow."

I turn and pace to my bedchamber where the healers have seen to my husband...

"He will be fine, he is merely tired my lady" says the oldest...

"Well he and I will both get some sleep tonight...send someone for me if my sister returns...that is all."

I slip into the hot water waiting for me and begin soaking away the stress of riding all day.

I hum a song from my memories and drift asleep in the water...
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Lady Amy of York

As I approach   Faewen i see a large  army  of  Sarts, big half  human, half   Snake, like  creatures  .  They are  advancing towards  Faewen and  they don't look like  they  are on  a  hospitality  call.  Luckily  I can  fly faster  then   they can walk.
       I land  back  at  the  castle  and   head to find   Ayren  and   Drake.
  "  Mi lady,"  says one of the  servants," your  brother n'law has  taken ill,  your  sister is   with him now."
       This  is  not good.
  " find  the man  name  Wetherby, and  also  Derlin. Have  them  meet me  at  my sister's  chambers  ."

I  approach  the  chamber of   Ayren and Drake  and  knock on the  door,"  Ayren, wake up. It is urgent.  And  no, it has  nothing to do with  me.    Mother helped me  see things. i will explain that  to  you later.  But   there is  a huge  army of   Sarts  headed  this  way, and  they  don't look friendly."
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Dracconia

I wake with a start and jump from the tub of water, wrapping myself in a large towel as I go to answer Alanna's call.

"Come in but be quite." I whisper.

I rub myself dry as Alanna tells me all she has seen.

"I will dress quickly then" I reply as I quickly don a pair of brecches and my mother's war robes.

"Braid my hair will you" Alanna does so mummbling about being a future Queen herself,
"Yes" I snap a bit impatiant "And I will braid yours on your wedding day now hurry up"

When she finishes it I wind my long hair into a knot and pin it in , as I slip into my chainmail I whisper "Ring for coffee, I'm going to wake my husband."

I walk over and wake Drake, he comes to quickly and begins to jump out of bed when he realizes how I am dressed.

"Calm down, coffee is coming and so is an army, we will drink, plan and attack. But while we are waiting on the others and the coffee, dress and be  quick love"

I kiss him quickly and go to don my cloak, quiver, bow and sword.

The arm sheaths and boot daggers can wait a momment.

I go to the window and call Soi'rai,

"You will be good council on this my friend."
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Lady Amy of York

Drake  Ayren, and  myself  meet with Soi'rai, Wheterby,  and  Derlin, to discuss  battle  tatics.

"  The  Sarts are a dangerous creature,"  replies   Derlin, "  Their  venom  is  highly deadly.  One  bite  from  them  and  you  are  dead .   The  only  thing that I  know  them  to be  afraid  of is  fire."

"  We  could  build  small  rings  of  fire,"  says  Wheterby.

"  No,"  i replie,"  That  will not  work.   Look around you. The  majority of Fawen is  still burning in places,   and  still that  did  not stop the  Sarts.  It  would  appear  to me  that  they have  grown immune  to  fire  .  We  have  to come up with a better  plan.  In  the  meantime, I would  suggest  that if  there are any  healers  or  herbalists  here  that  we  order them  to start  working  on  poison antidotes.  I  have   a feeling  we  may   need  them ."

"   No need," says  Derlin,"  We already have  the  antidote  for  the  Sarts  venom, but  we  will need  you Alanna  and Soi'rai  as  well."

"  I am willing to do whatever  it is  to help," i replie,"  although i have  a uneasy  feeling about  this  ."

"   The  dung of  a female dragon  has  many healing  powers,"   says  Derlin.

"  What !"  i exclaim,"  Okay, i have  been asked  to do many things..but um....  "

Ayren starts  laughing  hysterically.

A  servant approaches  with a tray of  food  and  drinks.

"   Eat  up  sis  !"  laughs  Ayren.     
I stick out  my  tongue, grumble   and  throw  a   roll at  Ayren.

Drake Starsong

I grab my clothes and gear, readying for whats to come. I make my way back to the training grounds and all the men stand armed and ready.

"Good morning" I offer and they all take there hands to there chest in a fist to salute me.

"Feeling well this morning?" Comes a small voice. I see Tanner, the youngest and smallest in the regiment.

"Yes, thank you Tanner," I answer.

"We have much to do, an army is approaching and we have to be ready, I know you all trained very hard and are ready to fight, but we need a tactical advantage."

The men all start look around at each other, not sure of what response to get.

"No worries, I made my rounds around the castle ground and the surrounding area, I have a pretty good idea of what we are dealing with. Now..has anyone ever delt with a Sart before?"

Silence ensues

"I didn't think so. They are stong, they have powerful claws and usually attack by pouncing on there target, pinning them down and biting into whatever they can. They have an inate ability to find veins. While their teeth may not be as nasty as there claws, they inject a deadly poison into their prey."

Some of the men look to the ground, I can sense fear in them.

"If we march in the open against them we will not win. We need to outsmart them. Therefore we will be broken up into small teams. This will give everyone ample room to defend themselves. Sarts are very prideful creatures and they will only battle one on one."

I pull out a map and walk over to the podium on the far left side of the training area.

"Jirax, Melik, Ologard, Burside, come over here. You four will be in charge of the squads. I will be taking a few men with me, but I already pulled them aside. I trust you four to pick the teams that best work together."

As I'm about to continue, Alanna storms out into the training area flailing her arms.

"UNBELIEVABLE"

Some of  the younger troops let out a laugh. I just shake my head and head over to see what the problem is.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

Welcome  back Drake, old  buddy  !  :)

I see  Drake  come  walking  towards  me.
  "  I suppose  you  think  this  is  all   a big joke   too,"  I    growl  at  him.

"  What  has  you  so   grouchy ?"  asks  Drake.

"  Derlin, and  the  others, they act as  if  this  up  coming battle  with the  Sarts  is  a big  joke.   I  saw   the   Sart army  Drake.   They looked  like  they were out  for  blood.  These  people   here are in serious  trouble  and  they  don't  realize  it. "

"  Alanna,"  says  Drake,"  I know  you and  I   did  not start off  on the  right  foot  together.I am  sorry  for  some of  the  things  I  may  have  said   or  done.   I  did  not  mean  to hurt you or  upset  you  in  anyway .  And  if  I  may  so,  I  happen  to agree  with you. That is  why I have  been out  here  training  with these young  fellows."

"  Thankyou  Drake ,"  i say  to him and  give  him a big  kiss  and  walk away.  Drake    stands  and  looks  at me, wondering if  he  let  the  wrong  girl  get  away.

"  Ready  for  more  training  sir ?  asks  one of  the  young troopers.

" Yes,"  replies  Drake   with  a  smile.