News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

more sad news....keep friends in your thoughts

Started by mumsies, February 23, 2009, 05:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

I know that some of you don't get the posts on the yahoo group board, and wanted to pass this along. I spoke with Joe earlier this evening, and along with nursing a few minor injuries, the family is just trying to regroup at this point. I will post anything that I hear about specific needs if I hear any more. Please keep them in your thoughts.

(posted by Kharla on the Pgh renfest yahoo group)

I am not ok as I type this.  I have just received more sad news...

Thank you to all of you who have been thinking of me and praying for so long through Dirks illness and passing. 

Thank you to all of you who jumped to the ready in 2006 when I went through a fire and lost my beloved cat along with all of my worldly possessions...

Many of you know the Hogan family.  They lost their home in a fire last night.  I only spoke with Joe briefly but they all got out and Joe, David and Mother Hogan are fine, the animals did not all survive, the house is gone, they are staying with their sister Lynn.  (Lynn sometimes worked at The Queens Armoir)

The family we have become here at Pittsburgh Ren is important and I do want you to know that we will have something of a tribute for Sir Wulf King Charming at the festival, I have wanted to post my appreciation, but now it seems so much more fitting to see what it is that the Hogans will need and how we can help.

Be well my friends,
take good care.
Kharla Garner Romito
Charity Morgan
Morgans Bounty

Scarlett

I am so sorry to hear this!  How absolutely awful.  I am, however, happy that everyone got out okay.  Please keep us posted.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

anne of oaktower

I fear 2009 is not beginning well for our ren-family.  Thank God(s)/Goddess that we have each other to lean on in the hard times. 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Lady Celynn

Anne you are so right.  These are the times we need to lean on each other and be there for support.  It's so wonderful to know that there's such a caring, loving and giving Renn family out there.  I too am so happy that everyone got out safely.  I know it's got to be so hard to lose everything but knowing that everyone is safe is the main thing.

jarethmorgan

OK...so I think that the question here is "what can we all do to help?" The Hogan Family has always been there for all of us...very caring, giving and generous people. We need to come up with a plan to aid them in any way that we can.

Any ideas?

HOoOka

Ruthy just called me and left a message for me to call Joe's cell phone, but I dont have the number.
Can someone get that to me?  txt msg or Yahoo IM or face book it to me or something.
thanks.
hez

Captain John Stout

I know no stronger people than the Hogans, and I know that with out support, our faith, and our help that together we can all help weather this storm.  As much as I can I will offer my help - so yes we need to put our heads and hearts together to do what we can.   

Shananigens

OMG! How Terrible! As Hookah asked, if anyone can get Shannon and I a phone number/ contact for the Hogans please email me. I'm car-less right now but want to help in anyway i can.We gotta turn this wretched year around right quick and set it in the proper direction . With this "family" of ours we can do it!Hang in there everyone.
To add a library to a house is to give that house a soul- Anon.