News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Season performers

Started by DonaCatalina, February 23, 2009, 02:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

raevyncait

My understanding is that they elected to work with the same cast as last year, so, well, it doesn't need updating
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Chris B

I do not think that is quite right.  I know for certainty of at least one new act not listed in either the entertainment or the daily schedule.  I've been watching it to see when the new performance schedule will be put up as well.

SirRichardBear

Cast is the same as last year with a few that are sitting out the season for personal reasons.  However there are at least three new acts performing this year and one old one that is not returning.  In the past they have up dated the schedule some time in March.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Casche

But there are also a few cast members from last year that are new characters for this year...

Berit

We will be updating performers in the next few days.  We just got the final information.  Schedule should go up then as well.

Berit

Reaper

Quote from: Berit on February 24, 2009, 12:56:52 PM
We will be updating performers in the next few days.  We just got the final information.  Schedule should go up then as well.

Berit

Thanks for all you do to help Berit!
Reaper the Grimm / Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150 / Ren Merc #858
Clan McLotofus
Enforcer/Sentinel

Berit

You are more than welcome!

Berit

lilaney

Hey you guys!!
(Sorry, General Electric Company is playing in my head)

They updated the schedule!!

http://www.scarboroughrenfest.com/entert/schedule.htm

Woot!

SirRichardBear

Harrah!  Lord Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk aka Bill Teel History, Customs and Manners lecture is not only on the schedule but we have a stage! The Lecture is one of my favorite activities at Faire.  Wish more faires would do something like this. 

But the Scottish court isn't listed that is disappointing hope that doesn't mean there will be no court. 

The archery tournament is also not listed and that is a great disappointment too.  We need to keep the tournament going to honour Master Liam Hunter aka Kevin Zody, a fine archer and a good friend.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

lilaney

As far as the Scottish Court, it is still going on.
There has not been any noise to the negative of that.

Not sure who will run the Archery Tournament.
(again, have not heard anything) That was Zody's baby.

But, yes! The History, Customs and Manners had such a FANTASTIC turn out that this year they really get to teach, and there will be more seating.

Ronald the Bald

Customs and Manners class was a big hit with the few people who knew about it. I hope they have some kind of PA so they can be heard.

DonaCatalina

Quote from: lilaney on March 10, 2009, 01:14:46 PM

But, yes! The History, Customs and Manners had such a FANTASTIC turn out that this year they really get to teach, and there will be more seating.

yay for more seating. ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyElizabeth

I did not hear about that.  I would love to attend something like that.  I've read a million books at this point on the era and so I do know tons, but learning more is always well worth the effort!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

julessweetie

*sniff*  *sniff*   :'(

Christophe will not be there opening weekend   :(

Oh well...as disapointing as that is to find out, I guess that means I will have to make it out to more weekends when he is there!  lol  ;D