News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Season performers

Started by DonaCatalina, February 23, 2009, 02:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIII

Quote from: Tukaram on March 28, 2009, 12:04:06 AMMy favorite pub show has always been Jim Hancock at the Kings Pub.  Although the bungee jumping monstrosity and the screaming parents it attracts has almost ruined the pub!
I have always thought the Bungee Jump would make great target practice.  You know, gets you ready for moving targets in the hunt...
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

SirRichardBear

Seeing the new pub and that there were going to have tables out front and back and given were the highland games have been held in the past I though to could make for an interesting drinking highland game compentation.  Can you down the beer before the caber lands on the table. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

lilaney

Ahh!! What a scary thought.  :o

A bale so bad on a caber that is lands on the Pub's tables..

Oh! We have Girls Highland Games on Sundays this year.

SirRichardBear

Yea for the woman.  It was great having them compete with us last year glad to see them back even if I can't compete this season.

I wasn't thinking of baling more like Highland bowling with cabers.  Score for rotation and tables.  Drinkers get extra points for finishing beer before the caber arrives. 

While its great seeing our faire grow so much, heard they scheduled 23 constructions projects this pass year, it is starting to feel a little crowded.  Standing in front of the Crown stage this past Sunday I was think it wasn't really that long ago was it that I could stand here and see to the front gate and watch the dog hearding show. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Brittney

I miss the sheep herding show, too. The site grows and improves each year. I think you will be pleased with the final results for sure. A number of the construction projects may also have been repairs or improvements to exisiting structures.

B

SirRichardBear

I noticed a number of ventors seem to have imporved their both.  I was really taken by the barrel shop it looked totally period and perfect in place for a port city like Scarborough.  We also have a really cool new archery range a full 40 foot I'm sure I'll feel Liam looking over me shoulder when I shoot there.  But its amazing when you look back and remember when this was an open field and the mut pit was over there etc.
Benjamin Franklin