News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Am I the only one

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, November 30, 2008, 07:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandrake Von Sets

Flickr users have it both ways.  In order for users to post an actual visible picture from their photostream, the picture has to also be a link back to their photostream.

Click on my picture below to see what I mean.

Wil

Cyron

i'm just lazy usually.. i get them off the camera.. scan thru them, delte the ones that were blurry and upload the rest to my site.. if there happened to be a really good one i would link it, but if not i just give the link..but more often then not i do add at least 1 and then the link... usually under sicari's post..lol.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on November 30, 2008, 07:43:13 PM
who prefers that people post their pictures instead of the links to them?

I know that with the links, you can see more pictures, it takes less time to load the page, and all the other reasons for having the links.

Having said that, I still get a thrill opening a thread and seeing actual pictures of a faire instead of a link.

There were lots more pictures instead of links on the old forum.  Call me old fashioned, but I like looking at the actual pictures.  Anybody else feel that way?  Or am I the only one?

nope, i am with you lady renee. 100%. links suck. most of us in 2008 ( almost 2009 ) have computers fast enough to download them all, so i say, post em'!!! heck, i have gotten busted in other blogs for NOT using a link.

Jon Foster

I like to see the pictures on the page as well. They also serve as a way to decide if you want to look at a full gallery or album if there's a link too.

Jon.

Emerald Shaunassey

I actually like both ways ... seeing 'teaser photos' in this forum is nice.  But I also enjoy browsing through someone's gallery when they provide a link - especially if it's to a faire I've wanted to visit and haven't yet or a favorite of mine (Bristol comes to mind).

Either way, kudos to all the photographers out there and thank you for sharing your vision of your faire adventures.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Hi Everyone,

I'm bringing this post back to the top again, because now that faire season is in full swing again, especially in the southern climes, I'm starting to see a lot of links posted again for pictures taken at the faire.

However, maybe I'm the only one, but I have found repeatedly that I can't see the pictures on different sites, because when I click on the link, it says you have to sign in with a password or sign up to be a member.  I don't really want to do that just to look at someone's pictures.

So I am hoping that people will post their pictures again inside the threads, like everyone used to do on the old forum.

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich