News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Recruiting writers for new interactive story

Started by DonaCatalina, February 25, 2009, 09:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

I would like to start a new story thread with multiple writers.
I would provide the premise and the main characters.
Each writer could write for any of the characters, adding new ones as they see fit.
There would be no set plotline, but no one could kill off a main character or create a romantic
involvement with the agreement of the other writers.
Please don't double post or deliberately contradict another writer.
We can have a lot of fun with this writing adventures for our characters.

I would also ask that they refrain from including supernatural, magical, myhtological or occult characters.
These have an unfortunate tendency to devolve into which one has the most magical powers or special abilities.

If you are interested in writing here for fun, please post.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Christina de Pond

O.k. count me in apparently I'll write about anything  ;D
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

DonaCatalina

It has begun........ ;D

See the Woodland Road.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Tremayne

I'll give it a whirl as well but I'm not real quick on the draw. I may not be able to write until next week. But we've got some dismal weather here in the next few days so maybe that will provide me with some time to write.  ;)
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Lady Amy of York

I love  to write, so if  you will have  me, I  would  like  to  join  you all. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Tremayne

Alrighty, fellow writers, I'm going to try to come up with something tonight and post it for you by noon tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Amy of York

Tremayne

Alrighty, I'm taking it that it's my turn to post on the story next. Kind of busy tonight but will try to come up with something tomorrow eve and have it posted by noon Saturday.

Tremayne

If I'm going to participate in this story I need to know that my turn to write will be honored. If others want to go at it in a more free-for-all manner, that's fine and I'll bow out. I'm a busy person and if I take time to come up with a post, it's disconcerting to log on to discover that someone else has continued the story in the meantime, making what I've come up with obsolete. I even made a post here saying that I perceived it as my turn and gave myself a time limit for posting. At this point I can't give this any more of my time and thus am passing on my turn. You all carry on and I'll pipe up when I have time once again to add to it. However, I would appreciate some clarity on when it is each person's turn to post so this doesn't happen repeatedly.

Lady Amy of York

Tremayne, I am sorry if you are upset over the fact that i went and  posted in the  story.  I did not see your  post  here in the thread.  I  have been gone  the  last few  days  dealing with some  personal health issues. i came  on tonight,  and thought that i would try  to put aside  the  health issues i am dealing with  right  now, and   focus  on writing  a bit.  I  am sorry if  i offended  you.
  I  did not realize there was  some order of  when we are suppose  to post. i just knew i had not posted in  a  few  days  and  thought maybe i was holding  evreyone  up, and  like i said  i was  trying  to unwind  and  focus  on pleasant  things.
   I  have  removed my last post   from the  thread.

DonaCatalina

I don't think anyone here is trying to be acrimonious. But everyone should have their turn at writing.
I know I sometimes need a little time to write something I feel is good enough to post.
It is probably best though if we post in a certain order and give each writer some time to post,
mundane life being what it is for many people.

If someone's turn comes up and they don't post
within a week, would you all agree that they could be skipped then?
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Tremayne

Lady Amy, there was no need to delete your post. As I said, there's now no time for me to come up with one anyway so I've passed on my turn. Obviously this is an issue of poor communication among the writers. I'm willing to go along with Dona Catalina's rule stated above that we give a person a week to post (which is generous) and if they don't then it defaults to the next person's turn. I was assuming we were taking turns in the order that people joined the story:
Dona Catalina
Lady Christina
Tremayne
Lady Amy

To give y'all some perspective, I work all day on a computer and thus try to limit the time I'm on a computer otherwise. So I don't sit here to come up with a post but rather sit in a more comfortable chair, often shortly before I go to bed. Kudos to you who are able to be creative in an office chair.  :D  But please make room for those of us with a different method. As I've done up to now, I'll always let people know when I'll post by when it comes my turn so you don't have to wait a whole week if I don't see an opportunity opening up within a few days. I do enjoy creating so hopefully that won't happen often.

I completely understand using this site as an escape from anxiety over health issues--or as the only thing one is capable of doing due to health issues since that is how I initially found it and began interacting on it years ago. Here's hoping your health improves.

Lady Amy of York

I am in total  agreement  with both  of  you have  had  to  say.  I agree with  the  idea  that if  know  one posts  within a week's  time  then to assume  they are not  posting.
    I think  the  story is  going good  so far, and  look  forward  to what ideas   everyone  has  for  the  charcters  in the  future.

DonaCatalina

ok....so whose turn is it now?
I think I lost track.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess